Weird sound issue
I'm new to xbmc. So far I like everything about it and look forward to live tv and pvr functions vs wmc which I use now.

My system is

Mits. DLP tv

Arock extreme 870 MOB

AMD x2 tri core rigor cpu

Radeon 6570 1 gig memory

2 western digital H.D

4 gigs ram

Windows 7 64

HD Homerun

Optical cable from my HTPC to my denon ( does not have hdmi)

I have my OTA antenna split one side into my mits. the other into the HD Homerun.I Everything works great in wmc but I hate the interface my reason to use xbmc along with the streaming through my network.

Everything set up fine. I have my audio in settings set to hdmi and 2 speakers since I usually watch movies using the tv speakers unless the wife is out or its turn it down, does it have to be so loud.

I tested the install by watching one of my mkv movies. I hear the sound just fine.. I went into audio the hdmi is checked the audio output is where I'm having issues.

when I hit hot the stop button on the movie and then closed out xbmc. I lost all sound the htpc wouldn't even play a mp3 though windows. I tried to switch the tv back to the straight antenna and no sound there. it's like the speakers to the tv were dead. I couldn't figure it. After going back and forth from the pc to tv I actually lost the tv picture also.. I turned off the tv and the power light started to blink for 30 sec's or so then went off. I turned it back on heard sound and after 30 sec's or so got my picture back thank god.

I went back into xmbc back to the movie and tried it again I looked at the audio it said hdmi vol and boost was blacked out, oh I did increase the boost the first time I went it because the sound on my mkv's are low.

There is another setting in the sound menu .. I forget what it say but you can choose between dts and dolby I've tried all settings and they all make the sound stop on the pc outside xmbc except for 4/4 ac3 5.1 I believe.

I've now tried to watch a movie in xbmc 4 times and the same thing happens when I hit the stop button and close xmbc out. I loose all sound on the htpc and when switched back to the tv. The Mits must go though some kind of re program or calibration or something because after the power switch blinks for a bit I'll first get sound then a pic.

Im really scared to try anything again with XBMC. it's like its still trying to send audio to my tv when shut down. i dont know if having the optical plugged in or what. I checked the audio and everything was working fine on the pc. amd hdmi was default, mute was off, vol up 100%, no pc crashes. it's like it just did not disconnect the audio when I closed it out.

Anyone care to attack this issueHuhHuh please

I like what I see and with the new version in beta it could be a total replacement for wmc.

Thanks in advance

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Weird sound issue0