Default Language
So of course I speak English, but there are times (For the few foreign shows I watch) that have dubs in which I would prefer to hear the original audio with subtitles. Is there a way to make it so these play automatically in their own languages? I could probably re-encode the .mkv files so the default audio is the foreign one and the default subtitles, but there's no quick way to do this in a batch. It'd take all day to do one show. Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!
This is an option in XBMC v12 (Frodo), which is currently in beta.
Ah okay. Does XBMC auto-update somehow, or is there some way I can move to the beta version? Is the beta version still extremely buggy or mostly functional?
It's got some bugs left, but for me is very usable. You'll still want to backup your userdata (wiki) folder just in case.

Do update you just install the beta over the existing install, and download it from http://xbmc.org/download/ under the Beta section.
So I've checked and I can't find the option anywhere. There's a set for all videos option for subs, but not for the audio track?
Settings/Appearance/International (wiki) -> Preferred Audio Language, Preferred Subtitle Language
(2012-12-03, 21:31)rjhall90 Wrote: So of course I speak English, but there are times (For the few foreign shows I watch) that have dubs in which I would prefer to hear the original audio with subtitles. Is there a way to make it so these play automatically in their own languages? I could probably re-encode the .mkv files so the default audio is the foreign one and the default subtitles, but there's no quick way to do this in a batch. It'd take all day to do one show. Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!
If Ned's solution doesn't work for you, there is no need to re-encode if the streams are already available in the mkv. Just download mkvtoolnix, open mkvmerge from the package and choose File/Header Editor. Once the file is open in header editor - choose the relevant audio/subtitle streams and change them to the default setting, altering the original ones in the process. Save and close

Time from start to finish - approx 30 seconds to 1 minute job done

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Default Language0