BD-disk + AnyDVD HD + Mac Mini W7, no go?
Hi all.

I'm using a Mac Mini 2011 w/ Boot camp W7 x64 and XBMC 12.0 beta 1 (same problem since I started using XBMC @ stable 11.0).
I have an BD-rom connected to the motherboard via SATA (special mod http://www.minhembio.com/lovek/329185/)
I have AnyDVD HD running and the BD-disks decode as they should but as soon as XBMC try to read the disk everything gets messed up. The BD-rom starts to sound strange and XBMC kind of hangs for a wile. About 2 minutes later XBMC comes out of freeze and if I'm lucky (about 50 % of my disks) the "play disk" menu appears. Clicking play disk, you'll never know if it plays (~10 %) or if it tries to play (spinning logo) and then return to play disk menu (~90 %).

Depending on XBMC version (tried all monthly builds this year) the success varies. My opinion is that it worked fine in the beginning and get worse for every new build but it could be my imagination.

I have tried different hardware (optical drives), interface (sata and sata-USB) and even computers (Mac Mini and iMac w/ W7).

I can use other software (MPC HD) w/o problems.

I have ripped the BD-disks to HDD w/o removing the protection and then mount the image in virtual drive and let AnyDVD do its thing on that virtual BD. THEN XBMC plays the movie w/o problem. Is this a compatibility problem of XBMC and the physical BD-drive? The image mounted in a virtual drive works via AnyDVD HD.

Anyone experiencing the same problem(s)?

Best regards, L
You can try the latest stable Eden 11.0.....
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
Done that. See my initial post, Quote: "same problem since I started using XBMC @ stable 11.0".

Best regards, L
(2012-12-04, 16:26)drlove Wrote: Done that. See my initial post, Quote: "same problem since I started using XBMC @ stable 11.0".

Best regards, L
I don't own Mac Mini, but Windows7 + AnyDVD HD + XBMC + BD-ROM works fine on all my HTPC's....

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
BD-disk + AnyDVD HD + Mac Mini W7, no go?0