ISO Problem - Linux Debian - XBMC 11.0
First post!

I have read and searched regarding this problem, and probably missed it, but here it goes.
Problem: XBMC will not play ISO files on Linux Debian HTPC. Details below

1) Ripped DVDs to ISO's with SlySoft clone DVD and Any DVD

2) On my test machine (Win7, ripped DVD's here) I experimented with XBMC 11.0 and all ISO's played perfectly.

3) Built HTPC (Linux Debian, 1st Linux box) and installed Netgear Ready NAS Duo2. Moved ISO files to NAS, installed XBMC via Linux software manager. Tried Ubuntu 1st but was baffled as to how to make wireless card work, in Linux it found the card and established connection. Question for another post.

4) Established connection with NAS and HTPC. Pointed XBMC at NAS share containing movie ISO's, no problem. I can see ISO files names on XBMC box. Thumbnails, movies details it all looks perfect.

5) Tried connecting using UPnP and SMB, no joy with respect playing ISO's

What was interesting was 4 movies I added were MP4 (these played perfectly)

Log File- - seems to be a practical place to look for problems. I have activated debugging, but have no idea where to find the log file in the Linux system
Comment: There is a lot of information in the forum, but what happens to me is the intuitive "fixes" or instructions posted here require me to research each step as if it were another problem and I still end up at dead-end because I can figure out one of the steps. I am no computer slouch, but I am not a developer or "wizard", tho I am aspiring to be a sorcerer's apprentice!

Teach me how fish!
Thanks
whatever version of xbmc you are running, it was probably built without the needed libraries for DVD/BR ISOs
(2012-12-06, 14:58)wsnipex Wrote: whatever version of xbmc you are running, it was probably built without the needed libraries for DVD/BR ISOs

That is a valuable piece of information. So what version do you recommend? For Linux, I can find Frodo beta to download. I ahte to assume anything, but within Linux I thought it downloaded the latest version from XBMC.

Please send link for "stable" XBMC copy for Linux

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ISO Problem - Linux Debian - XBMC 11.00