[REQUEST] Last.fm (it's not part of xbmc anymore so needs an addon]
(2012-12-16, 21:13)ronie Wrote: too bad:
http://thenextweb.com/media/2012/12/13/l...d-germany/

bye bye last.fm ....

So in the UK, Germany and US, you will only be able to listen free if you are using a browser on a desktop computer. if using it on a mobile or desktop application then it will require a monthly subscription.

ie if and when an addon is made for xbmc it will only work for subscribing customers.

It's a shame for users in other countries; last.fm are going to offer no service at all.
(2012-12-16, 21:24)thebearnecessit Wrote: So in the UK, Germany and US, you will only be able to listen free if you are using a browser on a desktop computer. if using it on a mobile or desktop application then it will require a monthly subscription.

ie if and when an addon is made for xbmc it will only work for subscribing customers.

It's a shame for users in other countries; last.fm are going to offer no service at all.

This is fine with me as I have been a subscriber for a few years now. I just want the ability to listen to my library radio and to be able to scrobble from xbmc
"PPC is too slow, your CPU has no balls to handle HD content." ~ Davilla
"Maybe it's a toaster. Who knows, but it has nothing to do with us." ~ Ned Scott
Yeah i think it's well worth paying £3 per month for, i don't want to spend time building playlists etc, i just want to click and go, so last.fm gives me the ability to just choose a genre and it gets played constantly, or choose a band and it plays similar artists constantly. great way to discover music you haven't heard too.

i actually prefer it to spotify.
Popped along here after reading the Last.FM changes for 2013. Last.FM has been an absolute joy for me. I used it like 60% of the time xbmc is on. Sooo convenient. I guess all good things come to an end...

Maybe I'll get a Spotify account.. can that play genres off the bat like Last.FM could?
(2012-12-19, 15:05)PantsOnFire Wrote: Popped along here after reading the Last.FM changes for 2013. Last.FM has been an absolute joy for me. I used it like 60% of the time xbmc is on. Sooo convenient. I guess all good things come to an end...

Maybe I'll get a Spotify account.. can that play genres off the bat like Last.FM could?

well as you probably know there's two ways of getting spotify in xbmc and i think the answer is different for each one.

spotyxbmc2 - intergrated spotify into your xbmc library by compiling your own xbmc.exe - when this option is used you get to setup two spotify "radio stations" and specify a few genres that you want included in each radio station. so its a yes.

spotiMC - the ther way is by using the spotify addon and i don't think there is any way of using the spotify radio/genre feature in the addon. although it was on the developers to do list a while back so its possible that its done now i suppose.

below is a screenshot of how it looks when you are setting up your spotify radio stations in xbmc:

im sure you know this but in case other people dont know you ahve to be on the £10 per month premium spotify account to use either of these xbmc spotify tools.

and last.fm is £3 per month.

i think they are both decent prices for what you get to be fair.
So to clarify if we still want last.fm on XBMC even if you have a subscription there still currently isn't an available plugin? If so does anyone know of one in development?

Tx
(2012-12-19, 22:26)Jaymzie007 Wrote: So to clarify if we still want last.fm on XBMC even if you have a subscription there still currently isn't an available plugin? If so does anyone know of one in development?

Tx

i know of one and i'm using it every day. ;-)

now if only it didn't crash xbmc, it would've been released by now.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
(2012-12-16, 22:40)thebearnecessit Wrote: it's well worth paying £3 per month for

I know that last time I paid my Last.fm subscription so I could receive it on my Roberts Stream 83i (which to be fair was was probably over a year ago) you could actually pay in Euros (via PayPal) so in fact it was only about £2.40 (every little helps)

(2012-12-20, 16:03)spoyser Wrote:
(2012-12-16, 22:40)thebearnecessit Wrote: it's well worth paying £3 per month for

I know that last time I paid my Last.fm subscription so I could receive it on my Roberts Stream 83i (which to be fair was was probably over a year ago) you could actually pay in Euros (via PayPal) so in fact it was only about £2.40 (every little helps)

nice one! i know i'll forget this though by the time i come to subscribe Big Grin
Thanks for your efforts ronie!!! Missing Last.fm support badly :-(
for he's a jolly good feeeeeeeeeeeeeeee-llow!

c'mon ronie ! we're all behind you.
Good to have someone to work on this. I hope you can make it eventually. This was the only music source I was using for a long time. Keep up the good work. Thumbs up!
+1, can't wait to get ahold of this addon. Thanks ronie!
I hope this happens, I feel lost without my last.fm, its far too quite here at home.
I been looking at alternitve ways for a while like using dlna/upnp but the only way i can find is to plug in a phono cable from my laptop to my hifi, but who uses cables these days! Smile
(2012-12-19, 22:26)Jaymzie007 Wrote: So to clarify if we still want last.fm on XBMC even if you have a subscription there still currently isn't an available plugin? If so does anyone know of one in development?

Tx

There is a plugin already, http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Add...8common%29 , so what is not working with this. I'm a Last.fm subscriber too.
HTPC RPI3 Kodi 17 (Krypton) v8.0.1 MR
Storage BPI 1x 500GB SSD UPnP server
Display Sony Bravia 32"

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[REQUEST] Last.fm (it's not part of xbmc anymore so needs an addon]2