• 6(current)
Bug Kernal killing xbmc task on 256 board
Please test newest Xbmc version with 8 new fixes for Rpi. GUI 720p.

+5s audio playing bug is gone Smile

http://netload.in/dateiyLZ18t8K5k/OpenEL...ar.bz2.htm

PS. Dont look for number build revision. This is only number. Official r12697 dont include newest Xbmc version.

(2012-12-15, 11:13)rbej Wrote: Please test newest Xbmc version with 8 new fixes for Rpi. GUI 720p.

+5s audio playing bug is gone Smile

http://netload.in/dateiyLZ18t8K5k/OpenEL...ar.bz2.htm

PS. Dont look for number build revision. This is only number. Official r12697 dont include newest Xbmc version.

Ok tried this buid no good https://dl.dropbox.com/u/94360623/xbmc%2...mc.old.log will try the advice about advancedsettings
ok tried altering the advanced settings https://dl.dropbox.com/u/94360623/xbmc%2...ed.old.log also failed
(2012-12-14, 16:10)rbej Wrote: How downgrade Kernel in OpenElec Beta 5 to 3.2??.

Put the rapbmc card into your computer. Copy the start.elf and bootcode.bin and fixup.fat to the harddisk. Put the OE Card into the computer and overwrite the 3 files on the OE card with the ones on your hd you copied from raspbmc.
This changes the firmware though as jas0npc said above and not kernel.
There seems to be a mix up starting to begin here between firmware/kernel and version numbers?
I can defo say that this xbmc task killing definitley started with fw 3.6.3, latest raspbmc with fw downgraded to fw 3.2 works perfect
Plugin working propertly only on Xbmc version with old fw with kernel 3.2.

Maybe OpenElec Team may compile test build with kernel 3.2 but with new firmware.

(2012-12-15, 14:48)rbej Wrote: Plugin working propertly only on Xbmc version with old fw with kernel 3.2.
But does reducing the cache size with newer kernel also fix it?
Nope they both caused xbmc task to restart
(2012-12-15, 14:48)rbej Wrote: Plugin working propertly only on Xbmc version with old fw with kernel 3.2.

Maybe OpenElec Team may compile test build with kernel 3.2 but with new firmware.
It wasnt just icefilm plugin, it occured with any plugin streaming hd media, even bbc iplayer when streaming hd media would cause xbmc task to restart, any testing I can help with, i will
(2012-12-15, 15:12)jas0npc Wrote: It wasnt just icefilm plugin, it occured with any plugin streaming hd media, even bbc iplayer when streaming hd media would cause xbmc task to restart, any testing I can help with, i will
There must be something else going on then. I've watched a lot of BBC iPlayer on 3.6 kernel and never seen a crash (Highest quality setting, 256M board, no swap, and tried passthrough and software decode of audio).

Currently I have:
grep cache .xbmc/userdata/advancedsettings.xml
<cachemembuffersize>2000000</cachemembuffersize>
When I boot up before xbmc has started I have
free -h
Code:
total       used       free     shared    buffers     cached
Mem:          121M        44M        76M         0B        20K        23M
-/+ buffers/cache:        20M       100M
Swap:           0B         0B         0B

launch xbmc
Code:
free -h
             total       used       free     shared    buffers     cached
Mem:          121M       109M        11M         0B        20K        67M
-/+ buffers/cache:        41M        79M
Swap:           0B         0B         0B

top shows xbmc.bin using 39M (in RES column) and 14M free (in KiB Mem row) after it has settled down (wait a few minutes for plugins to update and CPU has dropped to <20%).

I now play "Young Apprentice: Series 3 Festival" from Popular category.

top shows xbmc.bin using ~57M (in RES column) and ~11M free (in KiB Mem row) after it has settled down (wait a few minutes).

What sort of numbers do you get? How long before it dies?
I will do that now and grab the numbers for you, I will watch same show, But I think I will change sdcard just incase after all this Its the sdcard?, its the only part I havent changed
Xbmc with kernel 3.6.10. I try compile with kernel 3.2 and 3.7 but error compile.

http://netload.in/dateiAD1WJ1DT49/OpenEL...ar.bz2.htm

What is latest working kernel without crash??

The last highest working firmware i had was 3.2.31, then it took hold in 3.6.3, i will download your latest one with 3.6.10 and try that, i did try raspbmc latest today with fw 3.2.27 the one popcornmix told me to downgrade with rpi_update the other day
This going in the right directionSmile It gets past the point that xbmc normally gets killed, I will leave the movie playing, and get back with a log
I was getting my hopes up for this, but it got further into the movie, but then the sound went all funny, So will try it again

Thought i should explain went funny, The movie froze for about 3 seconds, then the audio would repeat itself, as well as making weird nosies, anyway fresh install this morning, will get logs with debugging on and will also monitor the top command to follow the numbers
Kernel 3.6.11 coming soon and maybe then....

Quote:This is going to be the last 3.6.y kernel release, unless
something major comes up, everyone should be moving to the 3.7.y kernel
at this point in time.

This is the start of the stable review cycle for the 3.6.11 release.
There are 37 patches in this series, all will be posted as a response
to this one. If anyone has any issues with these being applied, please
let me know.

• 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kernal killing xbmc task on 256 board0