• 2(current)
Watched/unwatched flag
another good point spiff.

i decided to add the watched view so i had an easy way to remove it from the watched list if a mistake was made or someone wants to mark it back as unwatched. (rather than having to use the title view and onpopup determine if the movie has been watched or not, onpopup i just determine what view i'm in and add a menu item for mark unwatched or mark watched) also, you don't have to dig through your entire movie list to find the one mistake you made. check the logic on that and see if you'd still just have a title view and unwatched view.

now, to luna, at first i tried adding a bool field to the movie table, but when i did all the other queries to the database failed for some reason. (anyone got a clue about why that would happen?) and i didnt' want to modify all the queries for genre, year, actor...

also, i just noticed that regardless of the view it says myvideoo -title, so i'll fix that up before i submit the patch.

one quick question since i'm new to the boards. what is the best way to let the people, in the suggestions/request link that gamester17 posted, know about this and to try and stirr up more exitement about this patch? (i don't want to violate any rules like linking to posts or copying posts or anything)
nice work so far...

im not sure why you were unable to add a field to the existing movie database. but, if you were to add a "lastwatched" field, and a "lastwatched" field to cimdbmovie, you could sort by last watched.

this would be really cool when used along with the autowatch option.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
looks great so far! best way to let people know is to go back to that thread and just leave a message that it's been submitted as a patch, add a pic or two and a link to the patch. i would be careful about linking to the dev boards here because you might end up with this thread being cluttered by useless responses, but i don't believe there are any rules against it.

i have to agree with luna about tying it in with the existing database, but i bet this initial patch will get a lot of dev attention since the current views for videos are good, but not quite on par with the music views. this would be a great enhancement. Smile

regards,
los93sol
i ran into some problems using the existing tables but kraqh3d is lending some assistance there, so probably tonight when i get home i'll update it.

another noob question i have is:
how exactly do i submit a "patch"? do i submit the changed files and everyone that wants it has to recompile them, or is there something i'm missing?
valid point indeed.

just submit the modified files at our sourceforge page.
a quick note about submitting the patch, little notes are good, it is nice to know what date/time of cvs the modified files came from since as the files are changed throughout revisions they can have conflicts and not compile correctly. this is not an issue for developers who know the code and know what they are doing but for end users who do their own compiles to test it, most of them will not be able to unless they have the proper cvs date/time and just replace the original files with your modified version. just a suggestion. Smile

regards,
los93sol
ok guys, i stabalized the patch and got it to work the way i imagined. if anyone gives it a shot and likes/dislikes it let me know.

patch download

this patch was developed for the 2005-09-12 cvs, but works for quite a few of the previous versions. i

don't know of anyone doing work on the changed files, so i imagine it should work for quite some time.

this patch add the fallowing features:
1:list video's by watched
2:list video's by unwatched
3:mark video as unwatched in watched view
4:mark video as watched in unwatched view
5:edit video titles in title, watched, and unwatched views

notes:
1:the watched/unwatched views will not show up unless title/watched/unwatched is selected as the active

view. i.e. if you open my videos and it defaults to show files, then move to titles and watched and

unwatched will appear in the show list.

to add use this patch:

1:dump the xbmc folder over the cvs xbmc folder.
2:rebuild
3:dump the skin and language folder over your skin and language folder.
4:enjoy

changes from base:
1Confusedkin file labels the description label so it can change from my videos - title to my videos - watched

and my videos - unwatched.
2:added functions to support above functionality
3:modified guiwindowvideotitle.cpp to call getvideos with watched/unwatched flag set
i can't wait to see this being in the cvs great work, i will use this a lot.
now that is the thing my wife will love, she has 20 shows of lost on the disk and she always forgets what she had watched :-(

how can i as a non developer (too dumb to compile) use this feature? it is not in the 27-9 build :-(

yours

jerry
(spiff @ sep. 08 2005,19:25 Wrote:i welcome the addition. it can be moved into the video library if it gets added (sort of like top100 in my music).

i might do the overlay thing as well, there is no conflict between the two methods as such.

however, you'll have to convince more ppl than just me before it gets added Smile
i would like such feature, i was the one that proposed flags or something, so my wife has different flag and i have different. your approach i would like such feature, i was the one that proposed flags or something, so my wife has different flag and i have different. your approach seems excellent to me!seems excellent to me!
as for getting the feature, since its a patch you must (or someone you know must) compile the application with the patches applied. (no other way until its in the public cvs)

i've been working on getting it coded to a standard they won't mind putting in the cvs and should have it completed this weekend. (then they'll review cretique and i'll be back to the drawing board)

i am open to the idea of a watched list by user, and wouldn't mind puting it in the patches.

give me some sugestions on how you plan on using it, (since they probly won't like me using profiels to distinguish)
(mercuryinc @ oct. 08 2005,01:25 Wrote:as for getting the feature, since its a patch you must (or someone you know must) compile the application with the patches applied. (no other way until its in the public cvs)

i've been working on getting it coded to a standard they won't mind putting in the cvs and should have it completed this weekend. (then they'll review cretique and i'll be back to the drawing board)

i am open to the idea of a watched list by user, and wouldn't mind puting it in the patches.

give me some sugestions on how you plan on using it, (since they probly won't like me using profiels to distinguish)
personally i would like to flag the file's using a filter to cycle trough them:

person a (seen --> not seen --> all
person b (seen --> not seen --> all

well and if we are already flagging files, rating them would also be nice, especially if we could rate the movies directly into imdb accounts (but that’s something else).

i’m looking forward to find it in the cvs to play around with.

no profiles that's bad…. profiles could also be nice to setup a fresh xbmc quicker, now i have to set the all options once in a while again. even i can save profiles in xbmc i would like to be able to in/export them…..

i would use a different colour flags, like blue for me and red for wife etc. that would be the ultimate system imho, because as it is now if one in the family watches a series ahead of the other the marking is not that powerfull (only one can see where he/she is)...

please don't ban me here, i see now this forum is only for developers anyway and i shouldn't even post here :-( as binaries are not found here and from what i read they are illegal? so it is not possible (allowed) for anyone to send me the modified binaries without breaking the law (which of course i don't want :-)? i would so much like to test this feature as implemented and i then make some more suggestions.

another point, different, is about making bookmarks in files (the place where you stopped). they are stored in a global file in each xbox. well, i and i guess an not alone, have 2 xboxes, so if i watch a movie on one and create bookmark i can not have this bookmark on another one. as i have external server for moview all i would like is to be alble to store this bookmarks on this server, so i can have them "globally". is that even theoretically possible?

and again, thank you for making a patch for watched/unwatched? i made a few posts but nobody seems to care about it and i thought: am i the only one that have several series on the disk and don't remember what i looked last (and doesn't delete it because of other family members who may watch it also)...

yours

jerry
i'm probably not going to be able to add persanolized watched/unwatched this weekend, but it something i also want so i'll keep it in mind.

i like your global bookmark idea, however i see two problems. 1 its outside the scope of this particular project (but it would also be cool to personolize the bookmarks). and 2 if you give your xbox permission to write and change files on your server its possible that the xbox could also delete them. i also keep my video's on the network, and my wife usualy hits the wrong buttons Smile i always come up with video's missing so i disabled the video deleting in the title screen. (hopefully you can relateSmile)

i'm hopinig that if they like they way i've got the patch this weekend they'll put it in the cvs soon
i like the watched/unwatched features... very useful.

one suggestion...

what about integrating a marker/highlight into the standard views that would enable you to know if the video was no watched?

i.e. in the normal title view, if a video had not been watched yet the text would have a marker to let you know...

small eye img
circle with slash img
color bar underlining text (change color to use profiles).
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Watched/unwatched flag0