• 10(current)
OS X Since Frodo b2 Playback stutter after 1 hour, 2 minutes and 8 seconds
sorry, I really shouldn't be typing at 2am. 4ccd363 didn't work. Smile

I will try 6353323f later today.
Trying the new one as we speak will report back in hour or so.
same issue on the new revert happened around 50minutes though.
can someone else back those test results up please?
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Initial test of 6353323f on a new video with plain AC3 audio played just fine past 46 minutes. I did have a freeze at 58 minutes however other computers in my house also disconnected from the network briefly, so I think that was my network burping. I will now re-test with a file that previously failed.

EDIT: Secondary testing of 6353323f on a file that previously froze resulted in freezing at 46 minutes. (This one featuring Dolby TrueHD)

EDIT2: A third test of 6353323f with another new movie (TrueHD audio) resulted in a freeze, at 46 minutes. Interestingly, this movie was Blade Runner (Final Cut), personally ripped from the same Bluray set as the first movie I tested tonight, Blade Runner (Theatrical). The "Theatrical" version only had plain AC3 5.1 and played through 46 minutes just fine, while the Final Cut had a newly mixed TrueHD audio track and froze. This is somewhat similar to my personal HDDVD rip of Sleepy Hollow, containing both DTS and Dolby Digital Plus audio tracks. This movie plays just fine start to finish with the DTS audio track selected, but freezes at 46 minutes with EAC3 audio.
@ Memphiz Really appreciate the time and the hard work you are doing in trying to sort out this problem for us mac users I will test out your latest bruteforce build tonight and post back the results many thanks and keep up the good work

ps did you ever see the log files I posted before ?? i posted log files from the new frodo version that gave the stuttering freezing problem at around 46mins and also a log from eden that I had no problems at all maybe you could compare the two and see what you think ?? I am only a novice and dont understand the log

http://rapidshare.com/files/142866679/frodo%20xbmc.log

http://rapidshare.com/files/1511523994/eden.xbmc.log

Many Thanks

Raines44
They are hardly comparable but thanks (keep in mind - Eden used a completly different audioengine then frodo). - Ohh and please use pastebin.com instead of rapidshare next time ... Wink
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
next:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/30371861/XBMC-r...bb8136.dmg
ok, testing this one this evening using a DD movie...

Thats Dolby Digital...... Wink
well this was interesting…

testing 67bb8136, playing a new movie (a super shitty old DVD rip of My Science Project), and I got my first ever 62 minute freeze! This was an old xvid with stereo MP3 audio.

about to fire up a previously freezing move to see if I get a 46 or 62 minutes freeze.

EDIT: playing through a previously freezing movie triggered a freeze at 46 minutes. This film had Dolby TrueHD audio. Tomorrow I will play another older rip with stereo Dolby, and then something else with stereo MP3 audio to see if the time difference is consistent in any way here.
dfish3d, could you give me your settings in system/audio and video/playback please?
I'm having a hard time producing this bug currently. Watched a movie yesterday with the test version and all was ok, but not sure if thats good or not Smile
I will try the new one in a bit to see if I get the usual bug
@MrMario64

I have 2 separate end-to-end hardware setups running XBMC:
NAS1 ---(Gigabit Wired)---> 2011 Mac Mini ---(HDMI)---> Receiver1 ---(HDMI)---> TV
NAS2 ---(Gigabit Wired)---> 2010 Mac Mini ---(HDMI)---> Receiver2 ---(HDMI)---> Projector

I've been testing primarily on the NAS1 chain above but occasionally run on the 2nd set of hardware just to confirm results.

System -> Audio
Audio Output: HDMI
Spkr Config: 5.1
Boost volume level on downmix: True
Output stereo to all spkrs: False
-Dolby Digital (AC3): True
-DTS: True
-LPCM: True
Audio Output Device: HDMI
Play GUI sounds: Only when playback stopped

Video -> Playback
Play next automatically: False
Render Method: Auto Detect
Allow Hardware Accel (VDA): True
Adjust display refresh rate to match video: Off
Sync playback to display: False
Allowed error in aspect ratio: none
Display 4:3 videos: normal
Activate teletext: True
Scale Teletext to 4:3: True
Tonight's testing, again with 67bb8136.

New movie, SD video and stereo mp3 audio, freeze at 67 minutes.

EDIT:
2nd new movie, SD video and stereo AAC audio, freeze at 46 minutes.
dfish3d > Allright, so just to be sure, we need to test this with the "wrong" Speaker config of 5.1 ?
  • 10(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Since Frodo b2 Playback stutter after 1 hour, 2 minutes and 8 seconds2