• 7(current)
OS X Since Frodo b2 Playback stutter after 1 hour, 2 minutes and 8 seconds
Frodo RC3, OSX 10.8, mac mini.
For me any video stuck at about 46 min regardless of the details of the stream (container, codecs).

BTW, in Milestones for 12.0 release, I don't see this issue listed, and not mentioned in known issues as well.
(2013-01-25, 02:04)dsim Wrote: But as i can see, you are only looking after a reason to say, ah, dsim leaved a negative comment, so i dont want to develop further.

Yeah dsim, now you're making negative insinuations about Memphiz's motivations for backing off the issue for a few weeks. There is no need for that. From what I've seen, he has been incredibly responsive and sympathetic to Mac users having problems, and he has stomped out bugs rapidly left and right. This is apparently a tough one. As MrMario said, it's frustrating to not have things work the way we'd like, but unless we are willing to start learning to fix it ourselves, we just have to be patient and respectful.
LibreELEC 10.0.4 * ViMediaManager or TinyMediaManager | Raspberry pi 4b
Sharing media from NAS via NFS (optical out to receiver, HDMI to TV) | TV remote with CEC / Bluetooth keyboard
It's the Internet… don't let one guy ruin a rather productice thread/bug fixing - there's always one.
He's just playing. If he backs off for a few weeks then it's because of his many lady friends and not a comment here :D
I've been trying to keep up with this thread, but am I correct in summarizing that this so far is only an issue in Mac OS X 10.8? and it was not seen before beta 2?
not clear, it's all over the map. except I can't reproduce it, nor can Memphiz.
Is it perhaps only when using HDMI ?
Have your been able to test on hdmi Davilla and Memphiz?
I'm exclusively hdmi.
Is there any sort of debug info or log data I can get you when it happens? I'm a noob at XBCM debugging since its more or less been plug and play for nearly a decade now.

The most interesting part of this to me is that some people are having it freeze up at 46 minutes, others at 62. I wonder if this is related to the amount of RAM in the machine or something.
@ned Scott

No, this bug appeared well before beta 2, see this thread I started last autumn.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=138852

Note, the build number in the thread is not the build where it originally appeared (cant remember exactly which, but this gives you some reference).

Thanks for an awesome application!
Are there any similarities between those of us experiencing the drop outs?

Both related to the filetypes we play back or the hardware we use?

I'm using:

2012 Mac Mini with 10.8.2
HDMI output for video and audio
Speaker output set to 2.0 right now (which seems to have made the bug appear less often).
Playing: Mpeg-2 and Mpeg-4 TV Streams from TVHeadend, both 720p and 1080i channels.
Also watching movies 720p, 1080p H264 .mkv's with DTS/AC3 audio tracks.

Any devs with a setup that matches mine?

Then it should/must be possible to recreate the bug.

Thanks!
hackintosh c2d 2.5ghz, 4gb ram, nvidia gt220, hdmi video/audio passthrough yamaha rx v369 speakersetup 5.1 played 1080@24 dts and couple of sd divx ac3 latly without issues. All software decode (my hack is not vda compatible) - adjust refrshrate to display turned on. 10.8.2 aswell.

Yes we use osx and yes we use hdmi.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2013-01-24, 16:03)Xtropy Wrote: Yesterday I experienced this issue for the first time. A few days ago I changed the Audio output from Optical to HDMI. I had two movies both freeze/stutter at the 1 hour 30 minute mark yesterday. I stopped the video and restarted without issue. I have since changed back to Optical as my output device (even though I am using a HDMI connection) and no longer have the freezing. The videos I played were AAC 2.0 audio, not sure if it's specific to that codec as I didn't play any with AC3/MP3. My speakers are set to 5.1 in XBMC

I think that your onto something, as I am now experiencing this bug when I never used to. I recently upgraded my receiver at home, so changed from optical to hdmi for audio and that's when I started experiencing this bug. Before then, on an optical only connection, I never experienced this bug once no matter what file/format I played. Maybe someone can test changing their connection to optical, and see if it removes the issue for them. I am away from home for a couple of days, so I am not able ATM.

Edit: to be clear I was experiencing the bug around the 46 minute (and 46 minutes thereafter ) mark like some others.....thinking out aloud I wonder if there is something else at play here like a behind the scene update eg database or similar, I find the regular timing of the bug odd.
To easy - its nothing we see in the logs (we would see db updates and stuff for sure).
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Question 
Ok, HDMI versus optical audio issue then
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Since Frodo b2 Playback stutter after 1 hour, 2 minutes and 8 seconds2