HDCP Issues using sync playback to display
Had this issue for a while, but seems more prevelant in Frodo.

If I have adjust refresh display refresh rate to video and have sync playback to display I get bad HDCP handshake causing my AVR/TV to display sash or a blue screen (onkyo issue when bad HDCP). It does this sometimes on start but mostly when I stop and it returns to default refresh rate. Currently set to 24hz as I get this less but when set to 60hz its worse. I have a HDMIDetective already connected to the htpc which solved other issues when AVR turned off. Turning off sync playback to display stops this from happening but then I get too many frame skips and out of sync audio. Any ideas on what can be causing this. Could XBMC reading the refresh rate incorrectly or is this a problem with my hardware?

I have Revo 3700 running Windows 8, connected to HDMIDetective through to Onkyo tx-sr308 then Samsung C650 Lcd TV.
Sounds like hardware - there's nothing we can do programmatically to affect the HDCP handshake. By design that's off-limits.
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
HDMI switching through Onkyos sucks badly... at least in my experience. After moving from Onkyo to Yamaha all was solved for me. Clearly not the most cost effective way to proceed, I know...
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
Thanks. I had a feeling it might be the amp as the weak link. I do occassionaly get other issues with my Tivo and Xbox. Looks like I have to save some pennys to get a new amp.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HDCP Issues using sync playback to display0