Updating XBMC
Is there an easy/quick way to gets updates and fixes for XBMC?
for RPI, yes, you download and place the files in the UPDATE folder (shared) from the RPI itself, on restarting it updates the install.

UPDATE
You only need the below files from the "target" directory in the download (for Raspberry PI), place all 4 files in the UPDATE share, then restart XBMC (from the shutdown menu), i always restart first then place the files in there, then shutdown again, it will update itself when you do this, you myst have the MD5 files, it uses this to confirm the download was ok.
:
KERNAL
KERNEL.md5
SYSTEM
SYSTEM.md5

Many Thanks
Ashley

© Copyright 2016 - www.ashleygriffin.ca
Thanks!
(2012-12-22, 21:26)SFX Group Wrote: for RPI, yes, you download and place the files in the UPDATE folder (shared) from the RPI itself, on restarting it updates the install.

UPDATE
You only need the below files from the "target" directory in the download (for Raspberry PI), place all 4 files in the UPDATE share, then restart XBMC (from the shutdown menu), i always restart first then place the files in there, then shutdown again, it will update itself when you do this, you myst have the MD5 files, it uses this to confirm the download was ok.
:
KERNAL
KERNEL.md5
SYSTEM
SYSTEM.md5

Hi
I assume that goes for OpenELEC as well. But where do I download these 4 files. Can someone please provide a link.
I looked around, but newer found those.
http://openelec.thestateofme.com/official_images/

(2012-12-24, 12:29)Lemme Wrote: Hi
I assume that goes for OpenELEC as well. But where do I download these 4 files. Can someone please provide a link.
I looked around, but newer found those.

I use openELEC, i am not sure how you update the others, however i would assume its the same way...

It works very well, see above for the link (PVR works in the version i have which i think is 1 or 2 below the above listed).
Many Thanks
Ashley

© Copyright 2016 - www.ashleygriffin.ca
My OE build often freezes when trying to update to RC2 (OE Beta 6). I have tried the auto update way and also the manual update and when I reboot, it freezes on "updating system...".

I have tried replacing the kermal.img and system file from the Target directory to the SD card directly using the PC.

When I do this it displays the correct version number of OE but hangs on a completely black screen.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Updating XBMC1