Win How To Setup XBMC?
I'm new to XBMC, I have built my HTPC today and would like to setup XBMC, can someone link me to a tutorial on how to please,

Thanks
http://wiki.xbmc.org/

u will find a getting startet guide and all How-to´s in the wiki.

xbmc gui is easy to understand, if u have problems or questions feel free to ask
Ryzen5 2400g @gigabyte AorusM
Marantz AV7702/MM8003 Combo
Philips 55PFL8007k/12
Sony VW-270ES
I have few questions to ask,

1. How do I separate my Movies and TV Shows in XBMC?

2. How do I gather the video file cover and information?
Also take a look at http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=129826

Linked is a user produced guide for Eden but the steps for getting started should be the same for Frodo.
(2012-12-20, 15:29)jjd-uk Wrote: Also take a look at http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=129826

Linked is a user produced guide for Eden but the steps for getting started should be the same for Frodo.
Should I install XBMC or Frodo?

They are one in the same - Frodo and Eden are names of xbmc builds

Eden - Current stable
Frodo - at Release Candidate stage.

Depends how adventurous you are - if HD Audio is a priority, then you have no option it has to be Frodo
(2012-12-20, 16:14)steelman1991 Wrote: They are one in the same - Frodo and Eden are names of xbmc builds

Eden - Current stable

Depends how adventurous you are - if HD Audio is a priority, then you have no option it has to be Frodo
Eden don't have HD audio? Frodo have any bugs at the moment?

Also should I separate my Movies and TV Shows in a different folder in Windows?
Put movies and TV in separate folders as well.
If I helped out pls give me a +

A bunch of XBMC instances, big-ass screen in the basement + a 20TB FreeBSD, ZFS server.
(2012-12-20, 16:25)Casterina Wrote:
(2012-12-20, 16:14)steelman1991 Wrote: They are one in the same - Frodo and Eden are names of xbmc builds

Eden - Current stable

Eden don't have HD audio? Frodo have any bugs at the moment?

Also should I separate my Movies and TV Shows in a different folder in Windows?

Not natively it doesn't - Frodo i would have to say isn't stable in the slightest - and is far from the finished article. Still at RC1, but I'm sure the devs are working feverishly in the background to recitfy the issues.

Seperate folders - definitely
In my opinion, the best structure is definitely folders. It allows for much easier matching, you can do what you want with the filenames, makes stacking easier, custom artwork easier etc.

Movies
----> Movie Name (year)
--------> movie.name.year.bluray.1080p.dts.mkv

TV Shows
----> TV show name (year)
--------> Season 1
------------> tv.show.name.s01e01.dvdrip.avi
------------> tv.show.name.s01e02.dvdrip.avi
--------> Season 2
------------> tv.show.name.s02e01.dvdrip.avi
------------> tv.show.name.s02e02.dvdrip.avi

For the sources, I have the Movies folder as a single source as that's always being updated. You want that included in scans. For TV shows I have each show as a source as I can then exclude certain ones from scans. There's not going to be anymore episodes of Firefly or Stargate SG-1 so why scan the folders and waste time? Once a TV show is complete, I turn on exclude from scans.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How To Setup XBMC?0