TV Shows Not updating Frodo RC2
Hi,

I have been using XBMC (in Windows 7 on a regular HDD no symlinks or junctions anywhere) for a week now and I love it. However, I have one problem with my TV Shows. I have TV shows in a directory structure (E:\TV Shows\<Show Name>\Season\Show_S0xExx_Title). I have no scraping issues.

I usually watch a TV show and delete it when I am done. There are some shows that I want to get around to but I don't. So I have about 10 shows 8 of them with no episodes in them (because they are current and I delete as soon as I watch them). When I first add to the library, it shows all the TV Shows. Then when it gets refreshed again, 8 of the shows are removed, probably because there are no shows in them. However, when I add a new episode to one of those 8 shows, I expect that to appear again when I refresh the library. It does not happen. If I add a new episode to an existing show, it appears, but if a show was removed, then new episodes added to that folder don't show up even if I manually refresh the sources. I have tried Library watchdog as well as Library auto updated addons and still the result is the same.

So here's my question.

Is it possible to show TV shows in the library that have just empty folders and metadata, but no episodes ? Also, it should remain that way over library refreshes, i.e. the TV shows should not be removed just because there are no episodes right now.

P.S. I have searched for this topic and have not found any thing helpful :-(
Welcome to the XBMC forums.

(2012-12-21, 01:40)d.kiran Wrote: Is it possible to show TV shows in the library that have just empty folders and metadata, but no episodes ? Also, it should remain that way over library refreshes, i.e. the TV shows should not be removed just because there are no episodes right now.

I believe if you remove all the episodes of a show from the library individually (and delete the episode files as well), the library entry for the show will remain intact, even when you do a library update and there are no episodes within that show folder. When you add new episodes to that show folder and run a library update, you should see them in the library. However, if instead you do a clean library when the show folder is empty, then the show entry will be removed from the library. Even then, the show folder is not physically deleted and if you later add new episode files to the show folder and run an update library, the show and all the new episodes should appear in the library.

However, if you remove the show itself from the library (i.e., run "Remove from library" at the show level instead of episode level), then the library entries for all the episodes and the show itself are removed from the library (and if you tell it to also delete the files, then both the episode files and the show folder will be deleted). In this case, you will have to re-create the show folder when adding new episodes before running a library update.

I know you can force this in an advancedsettings.xml (wiki) file with

Code:
<advancedsettings><videolibrary><hideemptyseries>false</hideemptyseries><videolibrary></advancedsettings>

but I thought false was the default already.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV Shows Not updating Frodo RC20