HD video playback issue Frodo
I'm having problems streaming HD video's in the new XBMC version Frodo, they won't play fluently. I've tried the beta versions and both RC but the playback issue still occurs.

In the previous version Eden HD playback didn't stutter and in Windows VLC media player either. XBMC is running on a Windows machine with a Asrock A-75-Pro4-M with an integrated AMD HD 6000 graphics chip.

Will this problem be fixed in later versions of Frodo or is there something wrong with my hardware or codec settings. The log of my machine: http://pastebin.com/DMypUMxj
Try removing the Realtek drivers and refer to http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=146911 for this and other fault finding tips
Frodo has been a complete nightmare for me, I think think this is the release that will split/divide the community.

For me, u have huge errors with apx 40% of my video library including distortions, stutters, judders etc we really need the latest ff updates (1.0) to be applied before relapse IMO.

Audio too still is real hit and miss effort for me, I would say apx 1 in 10 of my videos is just plain unwatchable due to stutters audio, coupled with 4 in 10 with video errors I'm in a pretty bad way.
I've also rolled back to Eden now and while it to has problems, I have virtually no errors with audio and video but obviously lose support for certain features.

The only thing I can say is hold on for a realise. Check it, if not wait or move to another media player. I was following. Thread recently regarding the 16-235 woes with xbmc and didn't chime in (I have the same issues) but am in fact going to start a thread and pot screen shots of exactly what damage xbmc does to video. It's completely indisputable and all users can test it them selves and see by simply playing the greyscale video from AVSForums.

Xbmc is a wonderful product, really ingenious! The developers are also very clued up and very good at what they do. The down side is they so seem to have a "we know better than you" attitude in some cases (which is never good in any line of work etc) and don't take criticism very well. Also I'm not sure how many of them are certified ISF calibrators etc and therefore, while they believe the video is fine, they simple can't see the damage xbmc does by converting, expanding and unnecessarily processing video for no good reason.

Just wait and see for a few more weeks, maybe it'll get better. But for me to, it's a no go with frodo at all. It literally is unusable for me in almost every way in its current state. I can't believe it's at RC2 already? If this is close to final I'm screwed as I will genuinely have to walk away Sad

Just wait, test the final and then make a decision. But hopefully it'll work for you soon enough Smile
I can't see much changing in the next week since with the pace of the Beta's and RC's I'm expecting final Frodo before the end of the year.

The new AudioEngine was a very big change so there will be bugs but I think it's a case of "damned if you do, damned if you don't". The only way some of the bugs will be seen and debugged is to get Frodo installed onto as many user platforms as possible to see how it performs on the multitude of different setup's out there, and the best way to get more installs using AudioEngine is to release Frodo. I suspect there might have to be a Frodo v12.1 bug fix version on the road to Gotham v13.

Have you been through my Trouble Shooting thread to see if that helps you? a lot of Frodo video problems are down to incorrect audio setting in either Windows or XBMC itself for the new AudioEngine, particularly is you're trying to use WASAPI.
I'm running Frodo every day watching several movies or episodes and so far not a single video has failed on my or sound issues (except high bit rate FLAC).

The main problem is that devs need to be able to reproduce issues to be able to fix, have similar hardware since they all behave differ also they need to have time to investigate since there's only a limited set of people.
Be sure if we have issues ourselves they will get investigated and fixed because we can test it ourselves if it is solved and not wait for users to report back.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
This again, may be the sameproblem as we reported before (which too works on eden but not frodo)
Look here
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=148730

Edit: just read your log, and yep again discontinuity problem
We posted a ticket + sample already so its up to devs, if they will look
All plays fine on eden...
(Might be cause they switched ffmpeg version... Though they arent using version 1.0 of ffmpeg, which is latest and containing lots of bug fixes
Thanks for the help guys. I removed the Realtek drivers, changed the audio settings and now its working much better. The troubleshoot really gave help jjd-uk

Even still, when i look closely, I see some stuttering when playing HD. This is confirmed by the log file where is can see several discontinuity problems: http://pastebin.com/AVqdG0C1

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HD video playback issue Frodo0