Record Stream audio
Hi,
Recently switched to xbmc and it's looking great. I'm experiencing a lot with music add-ons and streaming music from mixcloud, southcast...etc One thing I haven't found yet is the ability to record what's streaming. Is this possible or not? I guess not because if you have to search that hard to record something than it's possible that it's not there :-) Anyway, I believe it's possible to record everything that's streaming by using a pogram called streamripper. Before xbmc I was using mediaportal and created a plugin mpstreamripper and it worked great. Anyone that knows how to build a pluging should be able to make it easily. Streamripper is a freeware application that can transform an http-stream into an mp3. You only have to execute the program and parameter (the address of the radiostation that's streaming).
If you can build a gui that is able to fetch the address that is currently playing and using this variable as a parameter for the streamripper-executable you're done. I have no idea how to start building a plugin for xbmc but this might be an idea for others and hopefully somebody is interested in developing this pluging :-)

Cheers
Boein

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Record Stream audio0