Android xbmc will not open
hardware: Pivos Xios with ICS 121512 firmware

xbmc 12.0 frodo RC2 installed

i was able to install xbmc from micro sd card using the app installer with no issues. i got the preparing for first run bar.
i was able to scan my tv show library with no issues.
when i tried to exit xbmc it just hanged... could not do a clean exit. had to pull the plug and reboot
when i tried entering xbmc i got the preparing for first run bar once again than got booted to main android screen
now when i try to enter xbmc i get a black screen for a split second and returned to android screen.
tried clearing cache in the app setttings but that didn't help.

this scenario has happened to me twice. first time i completely uninstalled xbmc and started over expecting different results

not sure where to turn too.

Regards,
Mark
ok. after a factory reset and re-install of xbmc i scanned my movies and tv shows to my library.

i had debugging turned on at all times.

when i finished scanning the tv shows, i returned to the main menu where i noticed that i only had a menu bar and no background (just a black screen). when i tried to enter system, i got a black screen and could not see access anything.
when i tried to exit i couldn't. had to pull the plug.
i'm now back to where i was, when i try to enter xbmc i get the preparing for first run bar and kicked back to android launcher screen.

tried to ssh and retrieve my log... nothing there. is there a crash log hidden somewhere?
Very strange. I assume a factory reset would have nuked the userdata folder too. I've been pondering this since your post yesterday, but I'm not sure how one would even go about troubleshooting that. Have you asked over at the Pivos forums? Could be something specific with the Pivos fimware.
Try unplugging your peripheral devices (such as wireless mouse or keyboard) before launching XBMC, I've seen this cause problems.
USB wireless mouse or keyboard and the new 'loading' splash is causing a hang on Pivos, It's already been fixed in an upcoming ICS update.
after resetting yet again, using ics 121512 firmware found on pivos web site and loading 121512 version of xbmc found on pivos site, i was able to scan my tv library contents. once done, i got a black screen with just the xbmc menu bar. i tried adding movie files but xbmc crashed. when i restarted i got the first run bar and was returned to the android launcher

here's a log file i got when i tried to re-enter xbmc after the crash

http://pastebin.com/1KBchDgn

please note that no sd card or usb is attached to the player
The 121512 version is almost universally acknowledged to be bug-ridden. Try the previous 100912 version. It is running and pretty stable on my M1 GB box and my M3 ICS one.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
xbmc will not open0