Playing audio CDs
Hello,

when I insert a simple audio CD into an USB CD/DVD drive, it lists all the tracks but skips each of them and displays an error message.

As far as I know, XBMC does not support audio CD playback by default for some weird reason. But there MUST be a way, maybe using a plugin?

I really NEED to play audio CDs on my Raspberry! Isn't there a solution?
This functionality was never tested. Why ? I do not own a USB CD/DVD drive.
Thanks for your reply!

I'm kinda surprised. Are you the only XBMC developer? How did you test DVD playback then? Smile

It seems to work on other systems like Ubuntu, isn't it possible to port this functionality to the Raspberry?
(2012-12-28, 18:53)locaded Wrote: Thanks for your reply!

I'm kinda surprised. Are you the only XBMC developer? How did you test DVD playback then? Smile

It seems to work on other systems like Ubuntu, isn't it possible to port this functionality to the Raspberry?

The world is not as easy as you think Wink DVD's where tested as ISO files and is only experimental.
(2012-12-28, 18:53)locaded Wrote: It seems to work on other systems like Ubuntu, isn't it possible to port this functionality to the Raspberry?

USB optical drives are problematic, even on "regular" PCs running Ubuntu (Linux) or Windows. Search the forums; there are several threads on this.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Playing audio CDs 0