Win Multiple Monitors Blacking Out
First I'll explain my setup. I have a total of 3 monitors hooked up to my PC. I have a 42" monitor, with two 22" monitors below it. The 42" monitor is used to watch all my movies/shows, the 22" monitor on the left is remoted into my media server and the right monitor is my main OS display. The 42" monitor runs off the on-board HDMI from my motherboard and the dual 22's I'm running off a Nvidia video card with dual DVI outputs.

As of a couple of weeks ago, whenever I launch or shut down XBMC, it causes all my monitors to go black for about 3-5 seconds. It never did this before. I have checked all the video settings on XBMC and can't see anything out of the ordinary.

Has anyone encountered this type of problem before? If so, what can I do to fix it? It's more of an annoyance than anything. If I'm surfing the web or playing a game and my kids decided to watch something on XBMC, it causes the monitor to black out which can be pretty frustrating.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

BTW, I'm running XBMC Eden with the Aeon skin.

Thanks!
Hard to give a better idea without hardware specs, but I've been using multiple displays on my PCs for years nad I've noticed that some GPU driver versions (both AMD and Nvidia) will blacken screen running different resolutions when one display changes in some manner. So perhaps a simple driver version change will help.

Far as I know, XBMC will try to run at 1280x720 when the GUI is up, and in fullscreen. I think the resolution change is causing this. Try running XB<C in a fullscreen window, for which a setting can be found in Settings - System - Video Output
I use multimon daily for 2 years, no issues like you describe.

There is a setting in XBMC to blank other monitors. See if that is set. If it is not then you have something problematic with your Windows install/drivers/etc
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Multiple Monitors Blacking Out0