possible temp fix for audio dropouts/hiccups
With audio never messing up with iTunes, it never occurred to me to drop my 96kHz setting to 48kHz to make the broken/incomplete AE for OSX work properly for non-passthrough audio streams. Amazingly, deciding to lower my Audio MIDI Setup settings to 48kHz actually fixed the problem that I had been experiencing since AE came into the picture. I knew it wasn't a hardware issue when iTunes was playing things flawlessly.

I'm hoping that this is something an OSX audio dev will be able fix.
Interesting. I'll experiment with it. Have you an hdmi/optical setup ?
What problems were you experiencing previously.
Macmini Server 2011 i7 Quad Core, OS 10.8.2, Amp Onkyo TX-SR308 USB WD drives 3x2TB TV Samsung Plasma 720p EyeTV Integration
There are only 10 kinds of people in this world, those who understand binary, and those who don't.

My link is optical from a mid-2010 Mac mini to a Samsung HT-Z510. I was able to perfectly play 2 movies with MP3 audio tracks after changing that setting. Before this change, any stream that wasn't passthrough would have seemingly random hiccups/dropouts of 1 or 2 seconds where no sound was produced while the movie kept playing. After that hiccup/dropout, audio would resume as if nothing was wrong (no sync loss).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
possible temp fix for audio dropouts/hiccups0