D2700ITXS-A-E Zotac Atom
I am looking for this motherboard in Europe but can nowhere find it.
Does someone knows where in EU could I get one? There is also none at e-Bay.

For a reasonable price i'd also buy a used one if someone will like to get rid of it Wink

http://www.zotacusa.com/zotac-d2700-wifi...s-a-e.html

I don't know what reasonable is but at over $180 here in the US, I don't think you'll find it at a reasonable price.
If this would be the price in Europe it would be ok. This is around 130€ but it is not possible to get it at all in EU.
Why don't you go for the new D2550? I don't think that you would notice any difference in performance.
D2700 has been dropped by intel, so the D2550 version is the way to go now.

Lots of EU stockists here.
http://skinflint.co.uk/eu/848136
Which realtek audio chip has zotac D2550? I can nowhere find the exact spec.
We have one in the office here - a quick check of board reveals it's a ALC892

898 or 889 would have been preferable, but it's not a bad chip and most people will be using HDMI passthrough anyway.
SPDIF output works fine with DAC.
Aha ok so it is the same as on D2700 board.
Can you please also tell me how loud is is fan. Is it hearable and what are the CPU and GPU temperatures?
I'm going to put the board into this case www.it-tech-uk.com/mini-itx-pc-cases/15-e.html
The stock fan is pretty damn quiet and low profile. The speed doesn't seem to change much.

I can't give you the temps as we've ripped the cooler off ours for testing a custom heatsink setup! It does run cool though - we've got the lowest temps of other solutions we've tested. Much cooler than i3 and if you are using linux vdpau video performance is better than VAAPI on Intel.
HDMI is 1.4 compliant and does HD Audio without issues.
The fan sits directly on the heat sink and noise due to vibrations are very noticeable once the board is in the case. I used a silicon tube as vibration absorber, much better then.
(2013-01-05, 11:53)illiac4 Wrote: Aha ok so it is the same as on D2700 board.
Can you please also tell me how loud is is fan. Is it hearable and what are the CPU and GPU temperatures?
I'm going to put the board into this case www.it-tech-uk.com/mini-itx-pc-cases/15-e.html

The D2700, D2550, etc. has a different GPU (GMA3650 aka PowerVR SGX545) than the Zotac (GT520M). The GPU in the D2700/D2550 is lousy under Windows, is only a 32-bit driver limiting the entire install to 32-bit and has no support under OpenELEC or Linux.

Just to clarify - Zotac used to do a D2700 with GT520. Intel no longer supply the D2700 CPU, so the Zotac replacement is a D2550 with GT610 (essentially the same gfx chip).
The graphics chip on both these boards are fine for OpenELEC.
Well i have been looking also into other possibilities based on similar setup i have find this option. What do you think?
- Intel Celeron G460 (it supports speedstep compared to G440 which does not). And it is cheap. It is more powerfull than atom (i am using ambilight).
- Zotac H67ITX-D-E with integrated GT520 Nvidia. (is there any other mini itx with GT520 or 610?)

Since this one it is easier to get what do you think?
- Speed is better
- The power consumption will not be very higher. I think. Since it uses speedstep.
- Heat compared to atom (atom seems to have higher temperature)? Noise (maybe a bigger slim fit fan with low rpm will reduce the noise?
If you can get a G530 instead (the G460 is only single core) you should try the integrated graphics processor. It works very well for 1080p video and supports HD audio bitstreaming. Depending on what you are doing you shouldn't need the separate graphics card. Here there is only a US$5 difference between the G460 and G530 in price.
Hmm i will use HD audio and linux. Also G530 has higher power usage and i do not need so much raw power. Because of linux and much better nvidia integration i think i will stick with nvidia.
Also Zotac Z68ITX with Nvidia GT430 is at the same price level.

-----------------------------
At the end i will not win much. The power usage will jump and so the heat and also the noise will raise. So i think i will stick with Atom.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
D2700ITXS-A-E Zotac Atom0