• 5(current)
(How To) Separate Your Kids Media From Your Own on MQ4
Just to close the loop on this in case someone might find it useful, the field you need to edit in XWMM is actually the "Tagline" field. Obviously you need to be using XWMM to do this. As an example, you could enter "Kids" into the tagline field for every movie you want to be in the playlist. I haven't found taglines to be useful so I just delete what was there and enter whatever I want. Make sure you save the changes for every movie or show. Then back in XBMC, create a smart playlist that follows the rule "Tagline is Kids." That's pretty much it. I'm using MQ4, so I could then create a main menu option that linked to this playlist. I could post a screenshot if I figure out how to do that, but it's pretty straightforward. For anyone not using XWMM, I highly suggest it. It's a great way to customize everything from title, to plot, to movie set, to genre and more. Happy to try to figure out how to post a screenshot if it would be helpful.
ASRock Z77 Extreme4-M motherboard; Intel i3-3225, 3.30 GHz; HD Graphics 4000 processor; Samsung 840 120GB Solid State Drive; 3x WD Caviar Green 3 TB 64 MB Cache HD; Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit; Pioneer PDP-5080HD 1366 x 768 Plasma Display; Marantz SR5009 Receiver; Logitech Harmony Ultimate; Kodi 14.2 Helix; Aeon Mq5
Sorry to be a bit of a bother but I'm a bit of a bother but I don't know how to set it up so that I can create four custom playlists for the following: Adult, Hentai, Tokusatsu, Anime and YouTube with Anime being a mixture of TV Series, OVA's and Movies while the Hentai folder is full of OVA's, the Tokusatsu folder is full of TV shows and the Adult folder is full of movies and clips.

Basically I have separate folders in the Tokusatsu seection for Super Sentaii, Miscellaneous and Kamen Rider while all the Anime shows, OVA's and TV shows are each in their own individual folders (with all the City Hunter series each being in their own separate sub-folder according to season) and I confess that I'm confused because of the mix of genres for the custom playlists as well as that I don't know how to have it scan entire folders as well, if that makes sense at all.

EDIT: I decided to try and create one of my own, but now I have a new problem in that because I can't add a source, I can't get the information required to scan the folders with the files inside them for artwork to be added. Also, when I click on the menu button for the new playlist, it doesn't show the menu listing like the other menu options do.
I think the easiest way for you to achieve would be through tags. You can tag the titles you want with their corresponding categories, and then create a playlist with a specific tag which can then be added to your home screen.
My fanart.tv & themoviedb.org accounts.

(2013-07-18, 09:31)Samu-rai Wrote: I think the easiest way for you to achieve would be through tags. You can tag the titles you want with their corresponding categories, and then create a playlist with a specific tag which can then be added to your home screen.

If I did that, would that mean I'd have to move the main folders for Anime (along with movies and OAV's), Tokusatsu, Adult and Hentai into the folders for TV and Movies? Also, would they still be able to scan the folders if they were in a certain order? (For example; TV Shows/Anime/Anime TV Shows/Kamen no Maid Guy (and yes, that is the actual name of a TV anime!))
If you have got a folder which contains both TV shows and movies, then you will need to add it as a source twice. Once with a TV scrapper and once with a movie scrapper, otherwise XBMC won't recognize all the files. Once you've done that it should just be a matter of tagging the titles correctly.

(2013-07-18, 11:18)Samu-rai Wrote: If you have got a folder which contains both TV shows and movies, then you will need to add it as a source twice. Once with a TV scrapper and once with a movie scrapper, otherwise XBMC won't recognize all the files. Once you've done that it should just be a matter of tagging the titles correctly.

What I actually meant was that the Anime that was made up of TV shows and OAV's would be in two folders; one for Anime TV shows and one for OAV's and those two folders (which would be full of sub-folders for each anime series) would be located within the main folder for TV shows while the folders for Anime movies would be located in a folder dedicated to those types of movies with separate movies for each movie.

On another note, I actually put in a request in the Aeon MQ5 thread that you started about having separate menu options for Anime, Hentai and Tokusatsu to make people who watch that type of thing's lives a lot easier.
I'm not sure that would work. I think you would need to have 2 separate folders for TV. One for 'normal' TV shows the other for Anime/OAV TV shows.

You then add them both as sources. That way assuming you only have Anime/OAV TV shows in the folder you should be able to create a playlist using the path function described in the tutorial.

To have a standard button for Anime I don't think would be possible unless XBMC has the function to add a source as Anime, rather than TV shows or Movies. The skin needs XBMC to be able to differentiate between the different types of video files before it can have these as generic buttons.

I'll put your suggestion over though.

(2013-07-18, 13:22)Samu-rai Wrote: I'm not sure that would work. I think you would need to have 2 separate folders for TV. One for 'normal' TV shows the other for Anime/OAV TV shows.

You then add them both as sources. That way assuming you only have Anime/OAV TV shows in the folder you should be able to create a playlist using the path function described in the tutorial.

To have a standard button for Anime I don't think would be possible unless XBMC has the function to add a source as Anime, rather than TV shows or Movies. The skin needs XBMC to be able to differentiate between the different types of video files before it can have these as generic buttons.

I'll put your suggestion over though.

I've tried creating a playlist for anime movies and followed the instructions thoroughly, but for some reason or other, unlike the other menu buttons where you can just click a button and takes you to the relevant section as well as add sources, it doesn't seem to work with custom playlists, instead I have to press the 'down' button on the keyboard then select the relevant option to watch a video. (As for scraping the movies with a custom playlist, that only gives you regular screenshots rather than fanart when the movies are placed in the regular Movies folder. I tried it with a couple of movies and it seemed to work that way).

In the meantime, thanks for being a big help to me and others who have questions about XBMC as well as offering to put my suggestions over to Marcus Quinero for consideration.
I don't think I fully understand what the issue you’re getting is. Could you post some screen shots? There should be no reason why a playlist doesn't act like any other home screen button.

I am going to use your folders method. My question is how many buttons can I have. There is only a limited amount of space. So right now the buttons/playlist would be Movies, Music Videos, Concerts, Kids, DList, and perhaps, XMAS. What is nice about this is that the Kids folder will be on its own external drive which I can just hand over to the Grand Kids to take in the other room to watch.

I would really like Movies A-K, Movies L-S, Movies T-Z as well but I think that may be overkill. Scrolling though a long list is kind of a pain. I do organaize the physical files in such a manner because they live on different external drives.

Finally a related question. My collection has a lot of Movies starting with "The" which XBMC ignores. I am glad it does. But the physical folders living in Windows do not. If I alter just the folder and not the related files will XBMC still work OK since it ignores "The". For example, if I change a folder from "The Alamo" to just "Alamo" but don't change the movie, Thumb, NFO and fanart inside, will things still work well? Or do I have to change all of them.
Yes there is a limit to the amount of playlists to the main menu, although I'm not exactly sure how many.

'Movies A-K, Movies L-S, Movies T-Z' I would suggest may be best placed on your main movies submenu, instead of the main menu itself.

I would think that if you were to change the folder names to remove 'The', then it will likely think this is a new file and try and rescan it. Why don't you try it with one of your files and see what happens?

(2013-07-23, 14:07)Samu-rai Wrote: Yes there is a limit to the amount of playlists to the main menu, although I'm not exactly sure how many.

'Movies A-K, Movies L-S, Movies T-Z' I would suggest may be best placed on your main movies submenu, instead of the main menu itself.

I would think that if you were to change the folder names to remove 'The', then it will likely think this is a new file and try and rescan it. Why don't you try it with one of your files and see what happens?

So that's cool. I didn't realize I could do sub-menus.

I am good with a rescan from local. It is all going to get rescanned anyway after I move all these movies to new folders and upgrade from Eden to Frodo. I am just trying to get everything organized before I do the upgrade including your method for customization.

Thanks for the quick response.
The only problem I can see with removing the 'The', is that the scrapper may not be able to scrape the movies correctly.

If it doesn’t you could get round this by manually scraping them (press i on each file and choose 'reload'), but this could be quite time consuming depending on how many files you have.

(2013-07-18, 15:47)Samu-rai Wrote: I don't think I fully understand what the issue you’re getting is. Could you post some screen shots? There should be no reason why a playlist doesn't act like any other home screen button.

Apologies for the late reply.

I tried everything that I could to fix the problem with not being able to access the playlist and yet I'm still having the same problem as before in that every time I press the button, it doesn't work.
OK, so when you press enter on Anime Movies. nothing at all happens?

• 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
(How To) Separate Your Kids Media From Your Own on MQ4 3