Win Video Problem with some MKV files
Im not sure if this is an issue with my files, or with XBMC. Some of the movies I have that I added are getting like a color blur every/skip so often when played through XBMC (HERE) . When played with VLC they work fine. They are MKV files, but I have had no problem playing other mkv's much larger. Any Ideas?
EDIT It only lasts for a second or two at a time but is reoccurring
I have had the same thing. It is lower on my priority list to ask someone, but +1 for the same question....

Is it:
1) the mkv file itself? and what is wrong?
2) some sort of video issue? Some version of something is old/outdated?
3) need to "re-convert" physical media to digital format because of "scratch/hicup" when originally converting?

anyone know the answer?

Thank you
I have the EXACT same issue.

It's really strange, and it's not the files because they play just fine using any other player or PC.

It seems to only happen when the scene switches sometimes or if there is a LOT of movement on the screen.
However some movies are just fine and it only happens for a second. If i rewind and watch the same scene again
it doesn't happen.
Have you got DXVA2 enabled for hardware acceleration? If so try disabling it.
I have some videos it happens to 100% of the time, and other videos play perfectly fine 100% of the time. I had none of this problem in RC2

I just posted a TRAC Ticket #13962 (http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/13962)

... if you are seeing similar issues please log a trac ticket so it can get quick attention, this is a major problem IMO.

I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
(2013-01-14, 02:33)jjd-uk Wrote: Have you got DXVA2 enabled for hardware acceleration? If so try disabling it.

I'm going to try that right now
I verified the problem only occurs when DXVA2 hardware acceleration IS enabled. I tried all the render methods... they do not change the issue one way or the other.
Anyone know if this is being addressed by the devs? Looks like no dev has even looked at my ticket yet... this is a major bug, I'd think someone would be looking at it as it must affect nearly all Windows users?
The Devs have still not acknowledged this ... it is a huge bug that never existed before Frodo RC3 I cannot believe this is not being. Do the devs use XBMC? This must happen with everyone using RC3 on Windows with hardware acceleration... which is likely at least 50% of the users.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video Problem with some MKV files0