How to change movie library path
I am running Eden on a Mac with Snow Leopard. I initially only had TV shows in XBMC and it would scrape new shows very quickly. I recently added some movies and I accidentally gave the path to the parent folder that contains a lot of other junk. Now the scraping takes forever. I have tried to change the path by going to Videos, selecting Files and from there Edit Source. In here I can change the path to XBMC Movies to the path I want but it is still scraping the whole parent folder. Also from here I can't access the TV source so I am thinking that I really have not changed the Movie source either. How do I edit the TV and Movie Sources? I am using the Big Cirrus skin but I can also do it in Confluence if that is easier to explain.
Let me try to ask this in a different way. How do I change the source for the Movies and the TV Show tabs on the home screen? If I go to Videos and select either Movies or TV Shows the only menu I get has Play, Add to favorites, Mark as unwatched, Mark as watched, Update library. Nothing here lets me edit the source. Scrolling down to Files does not show the Movies or TV Shows source.
Hmm... I am not sitting in front of my XBMC right now, but if I remember correctly, you should see the subsection "files" when you go to "Videos" on the home screen. If you click on files, this should take you to a list which (among others) includes "Movies" and "TV Shows" (depending on your folder naming). if you right click (or long press the "menu" button on the apple remote) you should get a little pop-up menu offering to "edit source"... and there you can set the path to the folder where your movies/tv shows are.

Or, you can just add a new source (and delete the old one)...

Hope that helps...
Lawbaer, that is my problem. When I go to Videos I get a list that includes Movies, TV Shows and Files. The contextual menu here for the Movies and TV shows only has the options I listed above, no edit source. When I click on Files I have a list of other folders that I have not specified a scraper and one folder that I did specify as movies. I can right click on them and edit source. I even deleted the one folder that was specified as movies. The problem is that folder is not the one XBMC is using for the Movies on the home screen and I have no access to anything that resembles my TV shows.
Could you (simply) delete all sources and add them again? You are able to add now sources, right?
How do I delete all sources when I can't access the movies and tv shows source?
Go into Videos AND then go into Files
(2013-01-11, 03:38)Ned Scott Wrote: Go into Videos AND then go into Files

Or, and if I understood you correctly thats the case for you, you dont see that at all, you should delete XBMC (together with the Userdata folder) and start over... there seems to be something wrong with your installation...
Where is the Userdata folder? I tried deleting XBMC last night and reinstalling but everything was still there the same as before.
"username"/Library/ApplicationSupport/XBMC
Thanks. I renamed the old userdata file and restarted XBMC. It rebuilt almost everything. The TV shows didn't scrape well so I changed back to the old data file and exported the library. I also then checked all the settings to make sure I transferred them correctly also. I changed back to the new userdata file and then only had to check all the watched TV shows. I also now have the ability to edit the TV show and Movie sources and it doesn't take forever to scan the Movie source for new shows. Thanks for the help.
TVDB has been having issues for the last week or so, so it might be an issue when rescanning. I've noticed that sometimes I have to rescan a few times to catch everything.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to change movie library path0