Linux MythTV PVR Add-On Not Playing Video
I have the Frodo RC3, and I see the MythTV PVR Add-On. I see from the builds (http://www.dotnetdevelopers.net/XBMC/xbmcpvr.html) it looks like MythTV is not supported in the Linux build . However I did see it in the PVR Add-Ons. I enabled and connected to the mythconverg db and can see the listings of all the recordings, but I cannot play any shows.

I have a pretty old backend mythbuntu 10.04 with mythtv 0.23.
I think I read that it only supports 0.25 and 0.26 right now.
(2013-01-14, 05:09)djroketboy Wrote: I think I read that it only supports 0.25 and 0.26 right now.

i have mythtv backend version v0.25.2-15-g46cab93 and i experience the same error. i can see channels and what is currently running, but when i select a channel xbmc is loading forever, and finally hangs.
The only problem I had was when they switched plugins. I'm going to assume you both are running a Debian/Ubuntu system? make sure you have the latest version of the plugin. The current version that I have installed right now is 1.6.6.

apt-get install xbmc-pvr-mythtv-cmyth

If you aren't on a Debian/Ubuntu distro, you can build from source.
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=PVR...FromSource

If you are up to date with your plugin, how do you have your mythbackend configured? Do you allow remote connections to it? Is you XBMC machine local or remote. For example, I have 2 remote front ends and had to configure my mythbackend to allow remote connections.

have you tried using mythfrontend and the videos play ok?

I'm just spitballin' some ideas, hope some of these help.
i got it working Big Grin

my problem was that i had my recording directory on a nfts partition. after moving it to an ext4 partition and doing "chgrp mythtv <dir>", everything worked like a charm.
(2013-01-18, 17:56)gimme_bottles Wrote: i got it working Big Grin

my problem was that i had my recording directory on a nfts partition. after moving it to an ext4 partition and doing "chgrp mythtv <dir>", everything worked like a charm.

lol, yeah I would not have guessed that one. Good job!! Big Grin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MythTV PVR Add-On Not Playing Video0