Solved -- RESOLVED ! -- Frodo - Linux - Pivos Xios Profile Problem
(2013-01-28, 22:27)davilla Wrote: see last three commits in https://github.com/Pivosgroup/xbmc/commits/master

(edit: Whoops... This is a response to an older comment that was posted, HOWEVER... My challenge still stands...)

So Mr. Davilla... are ya sayin it won't be borked in the next nightly?

Shall we wager?

Hmmmmm Huh

Can we have a Profiles resolution, please?
I am so waiting for this profile issue to be resolved... nothing new to report guys Sleepy

Also hoping that in the Raspbmc final this fix will be included... Big Grin

Best
Grumpy
(2013-02-04, 12:35)GrumpySmurf Wrote: I am so waiting for this profile issue to be resolved... nothing new to report guys Sleepy

Also hoping that in the Raspbmc final this fix will be included... Big Grin

Best
Grumpy

Davila says that TheUni is looking into it again.

The release of 12 has likely been a pretty big thing for them, so this is likely affecting the fix.
Bug 
No progress to report Huh

I see the same problem with profiles on all brews except Windows so.... the xbmc team must have some good idea what bug is crawling in the code....

Hope they find the sucker and smash it good Big Grin

I run several XBMCbuntu machines and they do not have this profile problem. It also does not happen on my IOS 6.1 iPads. I only have the problem on my Xios
Bug 
kermzu, do you have one profile on each setup or more, two three etc… ?

With one profile everything works on ATV2 and Raspberry but when I add more, let’s say one for kids another for adults it´s not working on ATV2 and Raspberry but still works on Windows setup. This has been so thoroughly tested that I guaranty this does not work with multiple profiles.

Can you please verify that you are using two profiles and and in each profile folder you have a advancedsettings.xml similar to this:
(This is for ProfileOne another is for ProfileTwo etc...)

Quote:<advancedsettings>
<videodatabase>
<type>mysql</type>
<host>X.X.X.X</host>
<port>3306</port>
<user>xbmc</user>
<pass>xbmc</pass>
<name>ProfileOneName_video</name>
</videodatabase>

<musicdatabase>
<type>mysql</type>
<host>X.X.X.X</host>
<port>3306</port>
<user>xbmc</user>
<pass>xbmc</pass>
<name>ProfileOneName_music</name>
</musicdatabase>
</advancedsettings>

Quote:Raspbmc hits final
Great update and great work ! I just tested it and its Big Grin but the profile problem is still the same, as it lays in the XBMC code....

Best,
Grumpy
Update -

Tested Xios Linux XBMC nightly 875f69f

Result -

Profiles issue still remains.

Profiles continue not to work in Linux.

(profiles working fine on my Win7 XBMC 12 box)
(2013-02-09, 09:56)GrumpySmurf Wrote: kermzu, do you have one profile on each setup or more, two three etc… ?

With one profile everything works on ATV2 and Raspberry but when I add more, let’s say one for kids another for adults it stop working on ATV2 and Raspberry but still works on Windows setup. This has been so thoroughly tested that I guaranty this does not work with multiple profiles.

Can you please verify that you are using two profiles and and in each profile folder you have a advancedsettings.xml similar to this:

I use the master profile for "adults", and a seperate profile for kids. Each uses their own Mysql database. On my ipads im using 3 profiles - master (sql), kids (different sql) and roaming (local sqlite). That all works fine on 4 XBMCbuntu 12.0 systems and 2 ipads. On the Xios though, logging in with the kids profile uses the advancedsettings.xml from the master profile instead of the one in the kids profile directory.
Update -

Tested with nightly update-f2a7af3, overwrite, original user data remains

Result -

Profiles do not work.
Thanks for the update zebraitis

Best,
Grumpy
Update -

Tested with nightly update-d2d85c8, overwrite, original user data remains

Result -

Profiles do not work.
Update -

Tested with nightly update-5bb3866, overwrite, original user data remains

Result -

Profiles issue resolved.

Profiles work.

Thanks to all involved in resolving this issue.

And now... the happy dance:

Bug 
Wish I could dance with you zebraitis Smile but this is not resolved for ATV2 nor Raspberry Pi versions..... Sad

I am happy for you of coz Nod

Best,
Grumpy
(2013-02-16, 21:19)GrumpySmurf Wrote: Wish I could dance with you zebraitis Smile but this is not resolved for ATV2 nor Raspberry Pi versions..... Sad

I am happy for you of coz Nod

Best,
Grumpy

Grumpy,

I know this: This nightly was pushed just to the Xios Linux load, specifically so that I could test it.

There may be a chance that the fix is still coming for aTV & Pi

If not, well, you can continue my polite campaign.

I wish you luck!
Thanks zebraitis for that info, is that nightly from the Xios team or XBMC, and.... do you know if the XBMC team is aware of this problem for ATV2/Raspberry builds ?

Thanks again !

Best,
Grumpy

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
-- RESOLVED ! -- Frodo - Linux - Pivos Xios Profile Problem0