HTTP Proxy sever error
First time poster, new XBMC user (love it!), so forgive me if this is a moronic question. Everything on XBMC was working excellent until I downloaded and configured xbmcRemote for my iPad. Remote works great, however XBMC on my Windows 7 PC cannot access the internet now. No scraping, downloading add-ons, etc. I found that flipping the "Use an HTTP proxy server to access the internet" switch 'off' in the Settings- System- Internet access menu corrects this issue, but that obviously prevents me from using my remote.

I'm not tech-savvy enough to understand the connection here (I would think that if one worked then so would the other, and vice versa), so is there any way I can have my remote functioning while still keeping XBMC online? Thank you in advance!
(2013-01-15, 02:51)BigUncleLJ Wrote: I found that flipping the "Use an HTTP proxy server to access the internet" switch 'off' in the Settings- System- Internet access menu corrects this issue,
Yes.

Quote:but that obviously prevents me from using my remote.
Are you sure about that?

Be sure you have the following enabled on the System/Settings > Services page, in the Webserver and Remote Control options:
  • Allow control of XBMC via HTTP (and supply Port, Username, Password info)
  • Allow programs on other systems to control XBMC
  • Allow programs on this system to control XBMC

Thank you for responding. I did NOT have the "Allow programs on other systems to control XBMC" checked. I checked it just now but that doesn't help. Keep in mind that the only way for my XBMC to access the internet under these current settings it to have the first of your checklist [Allow control of XBMC via HTTP (and supply Port, Username, Password info)] UNCHECKED. I'm no expert but the problem appears to lie somewhere in there. From what I understand based off my previous research, there is nothing wrong with the way I've configured my remote- in order to use this iPad app you need to have the HTTP proxy server switched on. But it doesn't make any sense to me why that switch would prevent XBMC from accessing the internet.
Also, don;t know if this helps, but it's not like an error message pops up and says "XBMC cannot access the internet." It just essentially ignores commands. SO when I click update library, the updating library status bar pops up for about a millisecond in the top right corner then immediately disappears. If I try to install a new add-on, it just goes back to the add-on list screen and doesn't install anything. However, I have gotten an error that goes something along the lines of "XBMC cannot access proxy server" but that seems to come up pretty randomly.
(2013-01-15, 03:44)BigUncleLJ Wrote: Keep in mind that the only way for my XBMC to access the internet under these current settings it to have the first of your checklist [Allow control of XBMC via HTTP (and supply Port, Username, Password info)] UNCHECKED.

No, I'm not referring to the same page as you. I'm talking about the webserver settings; you're talking about the proxy settings. Leave proxy off; turn webserver on.

Problem solved. Thank you artrafael, appreciate it.
Well.... Now I'm getting a Pseudo TV error. "Script failed! : script.pseudotv"
(2013-01-15, 04:52)BigUncleLJ Wrote: Well.... Now I'm getting a Pseudo TV error. "Script failed! : script.pseudotv"

Most likely an unrelated issue. Check the PseudoTV add-on thread, especially the last few pages for any recent issues. If nothing pops out, post your problem report there, providing as much information as possible and be sure to include a debug log (wiki) that shows this "script failed" error as it occurs. The log should be uploaded to www.xbmclogs.com and the assigned URL for the uploaded log should be included in your post there.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HTTP Proxy sever error0