Stable unRAID Version?
I just built an unRAID 5.0-rc10 server and had it all configured with sab/sickbeard/cp. I laid in bed to relax after an hour or two of setup and then all of a sudden, I can't connect to the web console of unRAID, sab, or cp. I can still connect to sickbeard. I reboot the computer and it's back up, but without my shows on sickbeard.

I looked to the unRAID forums and see that there might be some memory leak. I'm not sure if it's only for this particular build of the 5.0 beta, but it's driving me up a wall. If FreeNAS had a way to install PLEX, I'd go with that. So I am thinking of just installing Ubuntu Server or something so stuff like this doesn't happen UNLESS this is just a bad build of unRAID. Can anyone recommend me a stable unRAID version that can install sab/sickbeard/cp/plex?
ive been on 4.x for fookin ages and its stable as hell.

not one single problem in regards to stability or accessing the interface (other than shittyrouterS)
Major Props Poofy and Eskro! Check out their sigs for the best help/advice.
(2013-01-15, 19:35)Stropaganda Wrote: I just built an unRAID 5.0-rc10 server and had it all configured with sab/sickbeard/cp. I laid in bed to relax after an hour or two of setup and then all of a sudden, I can't connect to the web console of unRAID, sab, or cp. I can still connect to sickbeard. I reboot the computer and it's back up, but without my shows on sickbeard.

I looked to the unRAID forums and see that there might be some memory leak. I'm not sure if it's only for this particular build of the 5.0 beta, but it's driving me up a wall. If FreeNAS had a way to install PLEX, I'd go with that. So I am thinking of just installing Ubuntu Server or something so stuff like this doesn't happen UNLESS this is just a bad build of unRAID. Can anyone recommend me a stable unRAID version that can install sab/sickbeard/cp/plex?

I had that problem too. Searched the forums and found a mod to a config file.
Made the change and haven't had a similar problem since.

(2013-01-15, 19:47)aoaaron Wrote: ive been on 4.x for fookin ages and its stable as hell.

not one single problem in regards to stability or accessing the interface (other than shittyrouterS)

I thought the 4.X version couldn't support plugins. Therefore, I didn't think you could install sab/sickbeard/cp. I suppose that I am mistaken?

Sorry for the dumb questions, but the unRAID wiki has been down for days.
4.x does allow you to install SAB/SB/CP v1 but only through unmenu packages.

I'd personally stick with trying to get 5.X to work first... rather than go to 4.x.

the only reason i'm not thinking about upgrading to 4.x is I have no need for CP V2 and as of right now touch wood, my 4.x server is doing SB, SAB, CP and streaming do multiple devices without a hitch.

If I was starting over, i'd go with 5.x
Major Props Poofy and Eskro! Check out their sigs for the best help/advice.
My 5.0b14 has been running without a hitch
Typically,...I would never use beta software,.....however,...support for 3TB drives is pretty important to me.
I am waiting for the new stable version.... using 4.7 now....
Been using Rc8a without a hitch and also running 4.7 stable on my other one without a hitch. Love the rc 8 by far.
I'm running 5.0b14 for a couple months without issues. Also running sick/sab/couch/head/lazy/trans plugins.
Bedroom Room - Raspberry pi, Openelec Nightly
Living Room - Atom 330/ion, 2gb, 30sg sad, Openelec Nightly
Office - MSI H67MA-E35 (B3), Intel I3-2100, 8GB G.SKILL ram, Corsair SSD, Generic case, Openelec Nightly, Aeon MQ4 skin
Storage - Zotac GF-6100-E, AMD Sempron 140, 5 x 2TB hdd, 2GB AData ram, Rosewill R102-P-BK case, Unraid 5.14b
Is the memory leak common? Easy to fix?

There's a 3 day weekend coming. Maybe it's time to update from 4.x and throw the 3 tb hard drive I've been sitting on in there.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Stable unRAID Version?0