A6-5400K Replacement Fan
Hi guys,

I'm wondering has anyone replaced the fan on their A6-5400K? I'm not talking heatsink and fan here, just the fan. The current fan is very noisy (maybe I need to turn down the RPM's also).

I'm using a Silverstone GD04 with the optical drive and if I was getting a heatsink and fan combo, I'd probably go for the Scythe Big Shuriken 2 as it would need to be low profile. But to save some cash, I want to explore the options with replacing the fan first.

Is it a standard 80mm fan?
just lower the rpm Wink
(2013-01-16, 12:55)RaggSokk3n Wrote: just lower the rpm Wink

Try that first... if it bothers you then get an aftermarket cooler.... Wink
I tried lowering the rpm on my A8 5600k and it overheats when streaming HD video from the web. the stock cooler is ok, its just the fan thats noisy, I'd be interested to know if anyone has just swapped the fan out. I'd like to get a big scythe but they are expensive!
£25 for a big scythe
£40 for a big scythe 2
£5 - £10 for a quiet replacement fan.

(2013-01-16, 15:11)The0ldman Wrote: I tried lowering the rpm on my A8 5600k and it overheats when streaming HD video from the web. the stock cooler is ok, its just the fan thats noisy, I'd be interested to know if anyone has just swapped the fan out. I'd like to get a big scythe but they are expensive!
£25 for a big scythe
£40 for a big scythe 2
£5 - £10 for a quiet replacement fan.

The Zalman 7000's, 7500's and 8900's are another option but I'll have a look at the fan tonight and see if it can be replaced.

Also if I just replace the fan, I don't need to remove the motherboard to put on a back plate as you do with the Zalman (not sure if you have to do that with the Scythe)
I think even if you just replace the fan it won't do much... either higher RPM's for you or less but still the overheat.... a better cooler will be best for you. Don't take my word for it. I have tried changing the fan it did not go well....

I have not tried this but it's an option too..
COOLER MASTER GeminII M4 RR-GMM4-16PK-R2 120mm
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6835103177

Also... the 100MM big scythe has clips to mount so no need to take off the mother board but the 120MM version revison B you have to take off the motherboard...
fan usually doesn't change temps with more than 2-4celcius so wouldn't recommend wasting the money...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
A6-5400K Replacement Fan0