Acer Revo L80 / RL80 - XBMC not supported on hardware??
(2013-10-06, 16:22)noggin Wrote: I have been running an Intel OpenElec 3.2.2 stable build on an Acer Revo RL 80 - new model with Celeron 1007U CPU. No major issues.

(I've switched to a dev built to get VAAPI deinterlacing)

I can install openELEC but when it goes to boot. It says reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected device and press a key.

What am I doing wrong? Running it off stick is fine. Cannot run off HDD! Any ideas?
Modded MK1 NUC - CLICK ----- NUC Wiki - CLICK

Bay Trail NUC FTW!

I've donated, have you?

Figured it out. GPT!!!

Bay Trail NUC FTW!

I've donated, have you?

Kind of an off topic question, but I hope some of you know the answer. I am interested in the ebuyer offer for the rl80, but I don't live in the UK. I visit the UK often, and next visit will be in a couple of weeks. In my country you can ship you packages to local stores / post offices / grocery stores and pick them up whenever you want. This is perfect, for you don't have to be home to receive your package. Now my question is, if there is such a system in the UK which I can use the let ebuyer ship my package to so I can pick it up when I am in the UK?
Not a widespread system that I'm aware of for third party deliveries. Amazon have lockers in some public buildings, but that's not much help to you.

EBuyer do have next day delivery options - so you might be able to arrange delivery to your hotel - if eBuyer are happy with shipping to an address other than the billing address of the credit card. (They have done for me in the past - but some UK etailers only do this after the first delivery)
The Acer Revo RL80 has dropped to £99 on ebuyer... does this box definitely run OpenElec? I'm getting frustrated with R-Pi Sad
(2013-12-12, 15:10)Geeba Wrote: The Acer Revo RL80 has dropped to £99 on ebuyer... does this box definitely run OpenElec? I'm getting frustrated with R-Pi Sad

Hope so as I've just ordered one as psu on my lounge htpc has packed in! Yeah sure it does..

Will tide me over until those baytrail systems appear sometime in the new year..
Great boxes. Hit avforums and get the IR for a tenner for it and have full RC6 on/off remote control! Works perfectly.

Bay Trail NUC FTW!

I've donated, have you?

£99 is a ridiculously good price for the Celeron 1007U model.

I absolutely love mine. OpenElec (with a VAAPI de-interlacing build) + the extra £10 (from cejd at AVforums) Infra Red CIR internal receiver is close to perfect. HD Audio bit streaming, WiFi (inc 5GHz), USB 3, GigE, Bluetooth, 2GB RAM is fine and 500GB HD is a nice extra. Aeon Nox runs well on it. It just works. Compared to Android solutions it's night and day.
I too am looking at options from raspberry pi.

One Option I would like if decent Visulisations as Pi lacks in that area but has CEC.

I think its down to the ARM processor, so question can Celeron offer visulisations? or do I need NUC ans i3?

Thanks
Ok, so have got my RL80 using the internal CIR header fine...

Silly question, I'm using a harmony remote with the "Microsoft Windows Media Center SP" device but can't what to map to the "menu" button?

I looked at using the harmony "Acer RL80" device but while that had "menu", "guide" was missing and so were numbers etc....
Hmmmmm I need to do some reading up... CIR header?

I take it everyone is voiding the warranty and opening up the case? has anyone installed more memory or SSD?
(2013-12-16, 18:02)Geeba Wrote: Hmmmmm I need to do some reading up... CIR header?

I take it everyone is voiding the warranty and opening up the case? has anyone installed more memory or SSD?

CIR = Consumer Infra Red

The Acer Revo RL80 ships with an internal IR receiver in some models, but many don't have it fitted. It's pretty simple to fit a TSOP (IR receiver module) with the right header. Took less than 5 minutes on mine. However it does mean voiding your warranty as you have to break the "warranty void if broken" seal.

Haven't needed to add more memory, and am fine with the 500GB HD. However in the Acer Revo RL80 a standard 2.5" SSD should be fine (the 500GB HD is a standard 2.5" Laptop drive), and the memory is standard SODIMM.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Acer Revo L80 / RL80 - XBMC not supported on hardware??3