• 18(current)
[RELEASE] ITV Player 1.10
Hi everyone (Raspberry Pi model B, with Openelec V5.0 installed)

With ITV Player 2.2.1. installed, I been having more and more frequent catchup playback issues where issue is that one episode of any catchup will play just fine but the next episode or another will pause/play randomly from the start. Once this pause/play of catch-up stream starts its very difficult to break out of the cycle and get back to a clean playing catchup stream. (Issue more apparent when internet is likely to be more busy in evenings, however if i use ITV Player on ipod for example in same time frames i dont have catchup playback issues)

Here is hopefully a very useful Kodi debug log where I tried one episode of "the chase" with playback fine but with next episode it would not play back smoothly.

Hope someone can help pinpoint problem and possible solutions or guide me to latest/best supported version of this plugin.
RPi4, (LibreELEC 11.0) hdmi0 -> Philips 55PUS7304 4K TV, hdmi1 -> Onkyo TX-SR608 AV Receiver
I have a question, is it possible to put 720p option on ITV player? All videos are in SD..
(2015-02-04, 20:44)vovakova Wrote: I have a question, is it possible to put 720p option on ITV player? All videos are in SD..
As far as I am aware at the general user level we can only modify the bit-rate playback of live and catchup (options are in the add-on settings)
RPi4, (LibreELEC 11.0) hdmi0 -> Philips 55PUS7304 4K TV, hdmi1 -> Onkyo TX-SR608 AV Receiver
the highest option in settings is only 1200 kb, there was an option of 3000 kb, would have been great..
(2015-02-04, 20:41)MikeKL Wrote: Hi everyone (Raspberry Pi model B, with Openelec V5.0 installed)

With ITV Player 2.2.1. installed, I been having more and more frequent catchup playback issues where issue is that one episode of any catchup will play just fine but the next episode or another will pause/play randomly from the start. Once this pause/play of catch-up stream starts its very difficult to break out of the cycle and get back to a clean playing catchup stream. (Issue more apparent when internet is likely to be more busy in evenings, however if i use ITV Player on ipod for example in same time frames i dont have catchup playback issues)

Here is hopefully a very useful Kodi debug log where I tried one episode of "the chase" with playback fine but with next episode it would not play back smoothly.

Hope someone can help pinpoint problem and possible solutions or guide me to latest/best supported version of this plugin.
OK I did some further research on the debug log I put up in above link and specifically following text in the debug as follows

Code:
17:43:19 T:2877723712   DEBUG: ffmpeg[AB869440]: [NULL] Current profile doesn't provide more RBSP data in PPS, skipping

then I searched on internet for the above key text and came up with this proposed change to apply to the config.txt

Quote:you need to set your GPU and RAM splitting, without it it may not get all the needed ressources to successfully play back.

e.g. put this in your config.txt and reboot afterwards:

gpu_mem_512=256

I'm assuming you have a model B with 512mb ram
So far so good with GPU and memory splitting, seems to have done the trick or at very least reduced the number of stream re-tries dramatically to play a stream without re-occuring pausing issue. Keeping my fingers crossed.
(2015-01-18, 18:56)anjota80 Wrote: Hi,

I cannot get the latest version of ITV Player to work. I have read many forums and tried everything but still cannot get it to work.

All the TV programs display on screen but when I select a program the load stream dialogue box appears, gets to 100%, screen goes black as if is is going to start and a few seconds on the black screen it returns back to the ITV Player program guide.

I have checked logs and added the network advanced settings as mentioned above but still nothing. I have tweeked settings within the config, advanced settings and kodi but still cannot get it to work. I am currently running OpenElec 5.0 (Kodi Helix 14.0) and I had exactly the same issue with XBMC 13.

The BBC iPlayer addon seems to work fine but I do get issues with other internet streaming addons.

Any help will be appreciated

Thanks.

Just to update I currently have version 2.2.1 installed but I have tried all the other versions with the same result.

Thanks

I'm facing a similar issue to anjota80 - I'm on an Amazon Fire TV running Kodi 14.1 Helix with the ITV Player (v2.2.1) addon. If I try to play anything (live or catch-up TV) it plays perfectly for up to 60seconds before crashing out to the ITV Player front-end with no error messages. I've tried changing advancedsettings.xml using a variety of different settings. I've tried running various different Kodi/XBMC apks (including nightlies and stable) but nothing makes any difference. Researching online has led me to wonder if my libRTMP file is outdated, but (a) I don't understand why it would play at all if that was the case, and (b) I can't do anything about it anyway because I am not prepared to root my AFTV under any circumstances.
Any tips or suggestions NOT involving rooting would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks very much!
I don`t think the issue is purely a Kodi problem, there are reports all over the net about the poor performance and service of both ITV Player and 4OD Player even on Talk Talk and other paid services, (I can speak personally for Talk Talk) I`ve tried the addon and cannot get it to work (I`m using Openelec on an RPI2) my solution was to install an Addon that gives all channels in real time and catch up as well...not as elegant as having an EPG but still really good its not official but is called Sparkys Streams and I installed through the metalkettle repo.....hope this helpsNod
Plugin recently updated, currently at version 2.2.4

Latest zip can be downloaded from HERE
Thanks MikeKL, your version 2.2.4 works fine.

Tried ITV 1 live on Kodi v15.1
Does anyone else have a problem using the ios remote with this plugin all other plugins seem to work fine but this seems to open the program and then close it straight away. However if I manually control kodi it opens and works fine.
I'm having an issue where it is opening the stream, but the stream is covered by the UI saying ITV Opening Stream. Any ideas?

Edit: I should note the stream was playing fine in the background.
Did ITV make any changes in the last day or so?

This addon has been working fine up until tonight. Went to watch an episode from the ITV player but get nothing but empty folder list.
However if I go directly to ITV Player through my computer's web browser, the content still plays fine.
Live channels still work but as Wheresthebeef stated, no catchup content.
As per wheresthebeef and ot7849 stated, catch-up stopped working sometime yesterday with the Kodi App (doesn't find any program information at all and no errors are presented in kodi interface, just completely empty search results) Still working as normal via a Ipad itv player app and PC via firefox.

----edit----17:58---

OK, for those who may be updating app manually, an update to latest version can be found here which resolves recent catch-up search and playback problem.

And additionally anyone using very latest openelec testbuilds of Milhouse's, a small highlighted edit is currently required in F4MProxy.py with line 412 from xbmc.PLAYER_CORE_DVDPLAYER to xbmc.PLAYER_CORE_VideoPlayer for the LiveTV options to work on Raspberry Pi.

---edit---2015-11-24, 18:40---to modify link in post to enable users to see/select latest available version---currently 2.2.6-----
It seems to be working again now.
HTPCs: 2 x Chromecast with Google TV
Audio: Pioneer VSX-819HK & S-HS 100 5.1 Speakers
Server: HP Compaq Pro 6300, 4GB RAM, 8.75TB, Bodhi Linux 5.x, NFS, MySQL
  • 18(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] ITV Player 1.100