Will my setup work?
Dear users,

I still had a computer left and i was thinking about using it for XBMC.
These are the specs;

Intel Core i3
4GB DDR3
500GB Sata II HD
Intel Family HD 2000 Videocard
Internal Realtek audio

I am hooking this PC up with hdmi to my Onkyo receiver.

My Onkyo receiver is hooked up to my 50' Panasonic VT30.

What are the best settings to use for the best playback of 720p & 1080p.

Thanks,
Mitch.
My only suggestions would be to make sure you have the latest Intel drivers available from their site and you disable DXVA if you're going to be using the internal HD2000 iGPU, as they don't play well together.

The i3 should be capable of playing back pretty much anything through software, but if you want to use DXVA to reduce CPU load, you can pick up a passively cooled graphics card pretty cheaply these days (I got my HD6450 for ~£30).

Other than that, enable true fullscreen, enable adjust refresh rate to match video, disable sync playback to display.

You might also want to check if you need an EDID override if you're using HDMI with an Onkyo - see the audio troubleshooting thread.
HTPC: | i3-2120 | AMD HD6450 | Samsung 840 EVO SSD | Kodi 15.2 | Win10 x64 | Onkyo HTX-22HDX | Logitech Harmony + K400 |
Server: | i7-3770S | RocketRaid 2320 5×2TB RAID5 | Vertex 3 SSD | Win10 x64, SMB, TVersity UPnP | MySQL |
Others: | HiFiBerry DAC+ Pro/Marantz HiFi + Volumio | Raspberry Pi 2 + OpenELEC | Nexus 4, 5, 9 |

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Will my setup work?0