Frodo RC3 issues
I figured I would put what issues I have been having here.

I am running Frodo RC3 on a windows 7 ultimate 64bit machine using the mySQL database on another machine (Server 2008)

I have noticed 2 issues so far:

1), I add music and it slowly disappears over time. If I go to the source and select "scan item to Library" it adds it all back, but it's a more than a little frustrating to continuously have to do this. This source is using a mapped drive if that makes any difference

2). pausing and or skipping ahead sometimes makes me lose audio. I do not believe my remote uses "P" and "space bar" for the pause and play buttons, but instead the MCE remote versions of CTRL-Shift-P and CTRL-P. Usually pausing and unpausing one or more times allows the sound to start back up. I am using audio over hdmi with an nvidia card and using the WASAPI option, though I did notice this same issue when using direct sound as well. Losing sound when skipping ahead 30s or 10m (left and right arrows or up and down arrows) seems to be less of an issue, but it does happen occassionally. As a final result, stopping the video and starting it again fixes the issue 100% of the time.

If there is any other info I can give, please let me know.
1. Nothing is ever removed from the music library unless you scan. You're doing something to trigger it.

2. Grab a Debug Log of this happening - note the times when it happens so you can highlight this in the log you paste to xbmclogs.com
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

1), I turned off the plugin ("xbmc libraray auto update") for automating the update of the music library (kept the video one on) and it no longer did it. I turned it back on and the next day was missing music. So in this case I was not doing anything personally, but a plugin was. If anyone out there has this issue and have the "xbmc libraray auto update" plugin, try telling it to not scan music. I will test again now that the final release is out.

2) Work has kept me too busy to do the debug log, so I hope it's fixed in the final release, if not, it's not a huge issue. I just pause and unpause or stop and restop. It's not common that my GF skips, so it won't hinder the WAF factor for me.
(2013-01-22, 10:06)jmarshall Wrote: 1. Nothing is ever removed from the music library unless you scan. You're doing something to trigger it.

I was just thinking about this. Why would a "scan" ever remove anything? Shouldn't that be for adding and not removing? I thought that was why we had the "clean" option.

And if the scan does remove stuff, is there anywhere that it documents what would cause an item to be removed during a library update?
The only thing that would cause an item to be removed is if it isn't there anymore (from the perspective of the client). i.e. disk off or something could well trigger this.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Frodo RC3 issues0