• 9(current)
v12 Neon 2.5.9
Great - thanks. Good luck with PVR!

Media Info 3 is very popular in the new Confluence (actually one could argue it's the only popular change Wink - but I know what you mean...
Addons I wrote &/or maintain:
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Sorry, no help w/out a *full debug log*.
* Added some screenshots of the current version to the opening post, and rewrote most of it.
* Took the [WIP] off from the thread title - yay!
(2013-02-22, 08:51)xbmclinuxuser Wrote: I think Neon is great, and I really like the "Panel" view. But, if we're allowed to put in requests for additional views, I wish the thumbnails on the right hand side of the pane were much smaller so that instead of seeing only six large thumbnails, you could see a larger number of smaller thumbnails, preferably at least 24 at a time. The information on the left side in Panel is perfect as is, but in my opinion the right side just shows too few thumbnails, meaning that you have to do a lot more scrolling to see everything. Maybe you could call the current view Panel 2x3 (2 rows with 3 thumbnails per row) but also offer a Panel 4x6 (4 rows with 6 thumbnails per row), making each thumbnail half of the current dimensions. And, maybe also a Panel 6x9 view (6 rows with 9 thumbnails per row, making each thumbnail one third of the current dimensions). I doubt you'd want to go any smaller than that but if you offer those three views instead of just the single Panel view available now, I think the Panel view would be a lot more popular.
Added to requests list (#10). I am not really doing requests for new additions at the moment, but at least I have recorded teh request, right Wink

(2013-02-22, 08:51)xbmclinuxuser Wrote: I don't suppose there is any way that users can customize the geometry of the panel view in the current version, correct?
correct.

(2013-01-26, 17:19)Randall Lind Wrote: Looks good here Smile You don't happen to use PseudoTV do you? If so would be nice to make the channel guide a tad wider where it list the channel name 100 name of channel some are going out side the grid. Beside that it is awesome looking skin and works great. I love the new backgrounds.

Added as request (#11)

(2013-02-04, 16:11)Sweetpotatis Wrote: There is an option in the skin settings called "Use a local landscape.jpg insted of regular thumb on TV level" which is ofc checked. But when I am using the view called Media View they are not showing and instead the fanart is showing both in the thumb and in the background.
Added as issue (#12)
(2013-02-08, 12:44)SKIBBE Wrote: When running SpotiMC artist slideshow is enabled by default, but you can still enable it under settings in Neon resulting in 2 artist slide show running at the same time.
Added as issue (#13)

(2013-02-10, 07:15)xbmchermit Wrote: I would like to make a small request, if possible. For the Media tags (like 720P Dolby Digital, etc.), would it be possible to also have a tag to differentiate between 8-bit encoding and 10-bit encoding (Hi10P)? A lot of anime fansubbers are starting to use 10-bit exclusively, so it would be good to be able to see which ones are going to play correctly or not.
Added as feature request (#14)
(2013-02-22, 03:49)bossanova808 Wrote: I really like the Media Info 3 view, though, and I can't see anything quite similar in Neon - is there anything like this I have missed? It's nice as it gives a good view on the poster, the fanart and the description in one hit...
Added as request (#15)
Hi guys, just a quick update.
As you can see above I have added all requests and little issues reported so far to my issue tracker at github.

If you see your request as being added it does not mean it has priority (or that it will be fixed at all); It just means that I am less likely to forget it. Wink

------
Bossanova: I want to look at the PVR screens but I need to know what needs fixing (see my post in the other thread). This is why I have not created an issue on the issue list yet.
You can help me to get it great by making a whole lot of screenshots and pointing out items that are wrong. I see no issues when using the demo.pvr addon.
Been using XBMC for a couple of years now, and I really like the "clean" look of Neon.
Great to see the current support for Frodo, thanks !
Not sure if it was already mentioned - it seems the alignment is off in the "now playing" mode for music.
The elapsed and remaining time overlaps the bottom of the screen.
I'm seeing this issue on both my XBMC systems, running at 1920x1080 screen resolution.
If a screenshot is required, just let me know.
Keep up all the good work, greatly appreciated !
(2013-02-26, 02:42)Poltergeist Wrote: Been using XBMC for a couple of years now, and I really like the "clean" look of Neon.
Great to see the current support for Frodo, thanks !
Thanks for the support !
(2013-02-26, 02:42)Poltergeist Wrote: Not sure if it was already mentioned - it seems the alignment is off in the "now playing" mode for music.
The elapsed and remaining time overlaps the bottom of the screen.
I'm seeing this issue on both my XBMC systems, running at 1920x1080 screen resolution.
If a screenshot is required, just let me know.
Keep up all the good work, greatly appreciated !
Thanks for bringing this to my attention again, it is exactly the type of issue which has top priority for me at this point.

I had noticed this on my own system, but had forgotten about it. No screenshot required in this case as I know exactly what you are talking about.
The alignment of the other items is incorrect as well if I remember correctly. (all the items on the left side of the screen need to be aligned properly, the right side is mostly ok I think)
I created issue #16 and will be working on it shortly.
Bossanova,

I could not get the utility to work correctly for me but I have downloaded a pvr.demo folder from Nessus, who was very nice to upload it.
I have created issue #17 so I remember to check the PVR screens.
TV Tunes doesn't seem be working for me. Is there an hidden setting I am missing? Works in Aeon Nox
Is there a simple way to change the AC3 logo in neon to display the dolby digital one instead. I have the dolby png and named it ac3 and added to the neon media folder next to the textures.xbt file, but this didn't work.

Any help or suggestions will be appreciated
(2013-03-01, 19:55)rexxyic4 Wrote: Is there a simple way to change the AC3 logo in neon to display the dolby digital one instead. I have the dolby png and named it ac3 and added to the neon media folder next to the textures.xbt file, but this didn't work.

you need the svn version from here https://github.com/stoli/skin.neon
download the zip file and install it.
(2013-02-26, 14:28)Kibje Wrote: Bossanova,

I could not get the utility to work correctly for me but I have downloaded a pvr.demo folder from Nessus, who was very nice to upload it.

Many thanks - and sorry for slow response, been busy lately. It's not that there are per se major issues, I just remember that originally with neon some of the channel selection screens were missing (in confluence you can bring a chanel overlay up over live tv to select from the now playing on other channels list, for example). It may well have been added but when I was first trying PVR it wasn't there.

I should get to have a serious play with neon soon.
Addons I wrote &/or maintain:
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Sorry, no help w/out a *full debug log*.
(2013-03-02, 01:10)neurosis13 Wrote:
(2013-03-01, 19:55)rexxyic4 Wrote: Is there a simple way to change the AC3 logo in neon to display the dolby digital one instead. I have the dolby png and named it ac3 and added to the neon media folder next to the textures.xbt file, but this didn't work.

you need the svn version from here https://github.com/stoli/skin.neon
download the zip file and install it.

Brilliant! thank you!

I downloaded the zip, but rather than install the whole thing (didn't want to lose the customisations I already made), I just extracted the media folder and replaced the existing one and then copied the dolbydigital png and renamed it ac3 solving my issue.

Thanks again

Big Grin

(2013-03-02, 02:13)bossanova808 Wrote:
(2013-02-26, 14:28)Kibje Wrote: Bossanova,

Many thanks - and sorry for slow response, been busy lately. It's not that there are per se major issues, I just remember that originally with neon some of the channel selection screens were missing (in confluence you can bring a chanel overlay up over live tv to select from the now playing on other channels list, for example). It may well have been added but when I was first trying PVR it wasn't there.

I should get to have a serious play with neon soon.

bossanova, off topic, but just checked your htpc build and it's almost identical to mine - my case is the silver version. Same mobo issues with ram slots and having to mod the heatpipes Smile but all works great.
(2013-03-02, 20:58)rexxyic4 Wrote: I downloaded the zip, but rather than install the whole thing (didn't want to lose the customisations I already made), I just extracted the media folder and replaced the existing one and then copied the dolbydigital png and renamed it ac3 solving my issue.
AC3 should be shown if there are less then 6 channels and the Dolby Digital logo should be shown when there are 6 channels.
Your hack now shows the Dolby Digital logo for everything that is not Dolby Digital as well.

I think it would have worked to put it next to the textures.xbt file if you had created a skin.neon/media/flaggin/audio/ac3.png
(2013-03-04, 10:31)Kibje Wrote:
(2013-03-02, 20:58)rexxyic4 Wrote: I downloaded the zip, but rather than install the whole thing (didn't want to lose the customisations I already made), I just extracted the media folder and replaced the existing one and then copied the dolbydigital png and renamed it ac3 solving my issue.
AC3 should be shown if there are less then 6 channels and the Dolby Digital logo should be shown when there are 6 channels.
Your hack now shows the Dolby Digital logo for everything that is not Dolby Digital as well.

I think it would have worked to put it next to the textures.xbt file if you had created a skin.neon/media/flaggin/audio/ac3.png

Well this is the strange thing, with the exception of 5-6 movies that have a 2.0 dolby soundtrack, my movies with a dolby track are 5.1. However, the AC3 logo would show for all of them. I've had this issue since Eden, this is why I've ended doing the workaround.

Anyway, thanks for keeping the project alive and for all the work you've put in. I'm sure I speak on behalf of all neon users when I say it's very much appreciated.
  • 9(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Neon 2.5.93