File Structure
Its weird I would be sure people wouldve posted this info and I could find it on the wiki or anything.

I am looking for what is the best way for a file structure to work properly with the scrappers

For TV Shows:

OPTION 1
<DRIVE>
|_ <TV SHOW FOLDER>
|_ <SEASON FOLDER>
|_ <FILE>

OPTION 2
<DRIVE>
|_ <TV SHOW FOLDER >
|_ <FILE>

For Movies

OPTION 1
<DRIVE>
|_ <MOVIE FOLDER>
|_ <FILE>

OPTION 2
<DRIVE>
|_ <FILE>
Option one for both cases. While option 2 should work, for me it only makes sense to use option one.
XBMC-ATV2 - Frodo
XBMC-LR - Zotac Zbox Plus - 36gb SSD - 3Gb Mem - Frodo
XBMC-BR - Foxcon 330i - 16gb SSD - 2Gb Mem - FrodoRc3
XBMC-Mini - MacMini - 128Gb OCZ Agility - 5Gb Mem - Frodo - Running SQL - Auto Library Update
Synology DiskStation Ds1512+(Dsm 4.3-3776) - 4gb Mem - 5*3tb Wd Reds [SHR] - 2GB Bonded Link - (SSD Cache WIP)

i got a 'per title' folder for each show:

hdd;
videos (share)
tv shows (folder/share)
Nikita (folder)
Season 1 (folder)
Nikita.S01.E01 - episode.name.mp4 (file).

this seems to work fine for me.... the most important part of the file itself AFAIK is the 'S01.E01' part, as i think i picks up the tv show name from the folder name that its contained in.

the only reason i list full title is for devices other than xbmc, like ps3 that don't read meta-data.

Thanks guys,

All 4 options work. For the movies you have to set "Movies in separate folders named after the movie" correctly is all.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

It is on the wiki: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Vid...file_names
(2013-01-24, 03:27)Ned Scott Wrote: It is on the wiki: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Vid...file_names

You don't actually expect people to read the instructions do you?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2013-01-27, 00:06)nickr Wrote:
(2013-01-24, 03:27)Ned Scott Wrote: It is on the wiki: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Vid...file_names

You don't actually expect people to read the instructions do you?

The problem is, even after following guides like that to the letter, some files just refuse to show up.

I'm still having an issue getting certain files to show in my XBMC library (Blue Harvest and Something Something Something Darkside for example) , though I have had some successes, like getting THX 1138, and Death Race Inferno to show up after playing with some scraper settings.

I haven't had too much issue getting TV shows to show up, regardless of separating seasons or not, using the TVdb scraper.

I also wanted to mention that it seems, when using Frodo that if you place the TV Shows within in a Movies "Folder" or drive, the TV Shows gets scraped as a movie folder, and not correctly at that. [b]Eden[/i] doesn't seem to have this issue.
i tried for a few times to get this in a movie , but i ended up using thetvdb

Family Guy - S06E01 - Blue Harvest
and
Family Guy - S08E20 - Something, Something, Something, Dark Side
(2013-01-27, 04:14)strikervi Wrote: i tried for a few times to get this in a movie , but i ended up using thetvdb

Family Guy - S06E01 - Blue Harvest
and
Family Guy - S08E20 - Something, Something, Something, Dark Side

Thank you, that worked, not the way I would have liked, but at least they are in the library now, where they are easy to access. I had them in the TV Shows folder for a while now, but seems that they weren't added, because I didn't have the season/episode info in the file name.

Now to work on other files that won't add...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
File Structure0