Linux Mini iMito MX1 Dual Core Mini "PC"
Has anyone hear of this? I have seen it mentioned (very highly) on XDA, but I wanted to hear from here.

Code:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2084142

Any experience? At $65 is very tempting.
75 views and no responses, does that means it is not good or not known?
Sometimes threads get lost with others being posted. I'm sure some experts will chime in today

That stick looks like it is based on the Rockchip 3066. I don't think that XBMC currently has hardware acceleration officially supported on that chipset. There may be unofficial builds that do, or alternatively a build that uses an external player (like MX Player) that is hardware accelerated.

The downside of the external player approach is that you may not get the "full XBMC" experience with things like subtitles, on-screen graphics etc.
I see. The hardware acceleration part is important to play HD files I assume.
Hi guys,
sorry for my english.

I've buyed an iMiTO MX1 and it is wonderfull.
With the last ROM released, it can be output the android desktop and applications at really full HD and can play movies in FullHD too.
So, I've tried to install XBMC and the installation was fine.
I've connected the iMiTO via ethernet adapted, nor trought wireless because is not very fast but, with cable connection, is ok.

XBMC work fine, but there are some bug to fix.

1) If XBMC start with the lower bar (classic android status bar) and then, when XBMC running, I hide this bar, XBMC do not refresh the graphics of its GUI but the coordinates that android pass to XBMC are decentered and the click mismatch the target (e.g. when click on a button or icon, the click must be done a few pixel over NE of the real position of object).

2) In all functions, the smb connection are really slow, even when I read my image folder on my windows server with over of 5000 jpegs. Other apps do not have this bug.

3) Playing HD movies (mkv) the movie isn't fluid when the file is on a smb share. Other players works fine.

4) Serious bug: even if I setted HDMI on audio output, I can ear an orrible noise on tv and even on my TEAC DD5.1 ampli decoder.

Other test coming soon.

if i had to go with a little android dongle like that,
i'd go for the uhost2.

highly recommended on tabletrepublic for many reasons.

review
http://tabletrepublic.com/forum/latest-t...-3127.html
(2013-02-10, 18:01)riccardob Wrote: Hi guys,
sorry for my english.

I've buyed an iMiTO MX1 and it is wonderfull.
With the last ROM released, it can be output the android desktop and applications at really full HD and can play movies in FullHD too.
So, I've tried to install XBMC and the installation was fine.
I've connected the iMiTO via ethernet adapted, nor trought wireless because is not very fast but, with cable connection, is ok.

XBMC work fine, but there are some bug to fix.

1) If XBMC start with the lower bar (classic android status bar) and then, when XBMC running, I hide this bar, XBMC do not refresh the graphics of its GUI but the coordinates that android pass to XBMC are decentered and the click mismatch the target (e.g. when click on a button or icon, the click must be done a few pixel over NE of the real position of object).

2) In all functions, the smb connection are really slow, even when I read my image folder on my windows server with over of 5000 jpegs. Other apps do not have this bug.

3) Playing HD movies (mkv) the movie isn't fluid when the file is on a smb share. Other players works fine.

4) Serious bug: even if I setted HDMI on audio output, I can ear an orrible noise on tv and even on my TEAC DD5.1 ampli decoder.

Other test coming soon.
I noticed too that external player only is uses when using usb or internal storage, samba doesn't use external player dunno why.
btw, wich firmware and xbmc build u use?

here some info:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?pid...pid1345756

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Mini iMito MX1 Dual Core Mini "PC"0