Hardware Choice
Hi all,

Hope you're able to help, I wanted to get an ATV3 but it looks more and more likely that won't be jailbroken so I'm trying to see what the best options now are.

Main requirements are:

- Play 1080p movies (.mkv and .mp4)
- Play DivX movies / TV
- Be able to use a web browser to play video (NFL Gamepass UK runs via a browser - not looking for Hulu or Netflicks - I'd also like to be able to pull up youtube not not essential)
- Give good sound compatible with using a BOSE Solo

I was looking to use Mirroring but I think if I can have a web browser capable of playing NFL Gamepass UK then I'll be ok without this feature.

I'd like something which is small / stylish, quiet, low power, quick to boot XBMC and operated via a remote (including turning on and off) and able to plug into my HDTV. I do have a HDTV with DLNA but find the quality - whilst watchable - isn't very good so want an upgrade on that.

I'd also like to be able to plug into a Raid HDD system - any recommendations on that, I'd want at least 3GB of useable space.

Overall budget isn't a huge concern for the right system but I am keen not to spend a fortune.

Grateful for any/all suggestions - I've been looking at a Pivos Xios DS but not sure if this will do what I need.
Looking at the forums further I think an Arctic MC101 Barebone may be what I need.

http://www.arctic.ac/en/p/detail/index/s...101_A10.42

Have read the various threads on here but can't seem to find anywhere that gives what HDD's can be added?

It has 2x2.5" slots but does this mean I can add 2x3TB drives or are there restrictions? If the HDD is high enough maybe no need for a NAS...

Also my experience with linux is limited but can I use OpenELEC booted from a USB3 drive? Would this increase performance over the HDD and still allow web browsing to play NFL Gamepass etc and use Google Chrome?

(2013-01-26, 19:00)Vanq Wrote: Looking at the forums further I think an Arctic MC101 Barebone may be what I need.

http://www.arctic.ac/en/p/detail/index/s...101_A10.42

Have read the various threads on here but can't seem to find anywhere that gives what HDD's can be added?

It has 2x2.5" slots but does this mean I can add 2x3TB drives or are there restrictions? If the HDD is high enough maybe no need for a NAS...

Also my experience with linux is limited but can I use OpenELEC booted from a USB3 drive? Would this increase performance over the HDD and still allow web browsing to play NFL Gamepass etc and use Google Chrome?
Barbone will not fit your needs due to drive-space also you will never need anything that powerful for xbmc

Make a A6 fm2 build(search the forums) it will cost you half and bring much more options.
Good luck Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Hardware Choice0