Win exit button help remove it
I just got my htpc all set up boots directley into xbmc im i have xbmc as a shell when i exit xbmc windows shell launches so my question is on xbmc shutdown window is their a way to get rid of exit soy kids will not be abe to go into windows and is their a command to exit xbmc

Heres a small video showing my boot up and shut down
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRPTFcct...ata_player

T.I.A.
ImageImage
intel G530/BIostar th67+/Cx430/2x4gb ripjaws x 1600/N mediapc 1000B case/N media lcd/Asus gt520/60gb adata ssd.os/2tb spinpoint 5400 rpm. Media/Hp dvd rw
You can try my xbmclauncher and use the custom shutdown option during installation.

If you want to remove the 'Exit' button only, then open the file C:\Program Files\XBMC\addons\skin.confluence\720p\DialogButtonMenu.xml in notepad and replace the <visible>System.ShowExitButton</visible> to <visible>false</visible>
(2013-01-27, 04:31)baijuxavior Wrote: You can try my xbmclauncher and use the custom shutdown option during installation.

If you want to remove the 'Exit' button only, then open the file C:\Program Files\XBMC\addons\skin.confluence\720p\DialogButtonMenu.xml in notepad and replace the <visible>System.ShowExitButton</visible> to <visible>false</visible>
I'm already using xbmc launcher loving.it.but I would.like.to just.remove exit button when I remove exit.button using your direction is their a comand to exit program by pressing sertin keys like when you hit."s" key brings up exit window what button on keyboard will exit program
Love your program great work

ThanksSmile
ImageImage
intel G530/BIostar th67+/Cx430/2x4gb ripjaws x 1600/N mediapc 1000B case/N media lcd/Asus gt520/60gb adata ssd.os/2tb spinpoint 5400 rpm. Media/Hp dvd rw
In keyboard.xml file you can assign any key to close xbmc. In the code below I have added key 'x' to close xbmc.

Code:
<shutdownmenu>
    <keyboard>
      <backspace>PreviousMenu</backspace>
      <s>Close</s>  
      <x>XBMC.Quit</x>
    </keyboard>
</shutdownmenu>
thanks now the problem i have is that when i remove exit from shut down menu im not able to shut down by hitting s and x the only way is to start task manager and end task is there a way for it to quit xbmc by hitting a key with out going in to menu

thanks again
ImageImage
You can exit xbmc without showing the shutdown menu. For this edit the keymap.xml file with the rquired shortcut. For example if you want to close xbmc by pressing 's', just replace the line <s>ActivateWindow(shutdownmenu)</s> to <s>XBMC.Quit</s>
Ok this is what i would like, i want to have shutdown menu but with exit not showing , so my kids wont be able to go in to desktop.

I would like to create a short cut some how so when im on main menu in xbmc i can press x and it will quit xbmc and go into desktop

Would this work

<x>ActivateWindow(shutdownmenu)</x> to <x>XBMC.Quit</x>

Thanks
ImageImage
so that didnt work tried everything i could think of is this possible
ImageImage
The actual shutdown command is <s>ActivateWindow(shutdownmenu)</s>. This will show the shutdown menu. Open your keyboard.xml file and change this line to <s>XBMC.Quit</s>. Using <x>XBMC.Quit</x> may not work in main window because it is used for 'stop' playback.
Thanks worked perfect
ImageImage
Hi baijuxavior
I want to upgrade to frodo should i copy those files you helped me modify?
Will they get overwritten when i upgrade will "s" still exit out of frod and can i still remove exit tab from shut down menu?

And if i use aeon nox will the mods work?

Can i use yore program in frodo with nox

Thanks
ImageImage
keyboard.xml is not replaced when upgrading or reinstalling xbmc. So there is no need to backup the keyboard.xml file and it will work for aeon nox and other skins also. You can continue to use xbmclauncher with aeon nox skin.
Hi one more question i have a harmony one remote + a chinavision Ir receiver having a problem with some buttons are missing so im going to set menu as hotkey 3 and info as hotkey4 using auto hotkey do i need to put hotkey program in add aplication will it work with launcher

Thanks for all your help
ImageImage
You can add the hotkey programs to run with xbmclauncher, but I suggest you to modify xbmclauncher.ahk file to include your personal hotkeys and compile to get the exe. This way you can avoid another application running.
(2013-03-19, 18:20)baijuxavior Wrote: You can add the hotkey programs to run with xbmclauncher, but I suggest you to modify xbmclauncher.ahk file to include your personal hotkeys and compile to get the exe. This way you can avoid another application running.

How would i go about that
ImageImage

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
exit button help remove it0