NSG-MR5U remote
Any idea where to find these plugins for eventghost? I looked and couldn't find anything, not even lg.

Though I personally use a samsung, and if your talking about what I think your talking about, samsung unfortunately does not allow you to turn on the tv through wifi. Least I don't think. The smart view app for my iPhone connects to my samsung via wifi, and everything works except once the tv is off, it automatically loses wifi connection, and you have to turn the tv manually on before smart view sees it again. Would be sweet to enable event ghost to control some of my tv functions with this Sony remote.

EDIT: I'm not sure if its just me, but I notice that with the nsg-mr7u, I can't wake my PC after putting it to sleep. I can make a dedicated sleep button through eventghost, but unlike my mouse or keyboard, the remote does not wake the PC. No buttons on it turn it back on. I'm running windows 8 and under the power management in device manager for my Bluetooth adapter I have allow this device to wake the computer, enabled, but no go Undecided
So I've been playing around with this remote between my different OS's, and it seems to work differently between each one. in case anyone is interested, here are my findings:

most importantly, I couldn't get the trackpad to work on any OS (windows 7, windows 8, OS X) Sad boo

on Windows 8, It finds the keyboard and all media buttons as mentioned before, but that is it. Cannot wake my sleeping PC either. Does not seem to detect the microphone.

On Windows 7 however, it detects all the same buttons as Windows 8, but the microphone works as well! it runs constant, meaning the microphone button has no effect on muting it, push to talk, etc. waking my sleeping PC still didn't work though. :-\

OS X was interesting though, as the keyboard and some of the media keys were detected, but not all. Microphone worked as well, and in the same way, working constant. played around with speech & dictation, picked up pretty good Smile The interesting thing here though, was that after sleeping my MacBook, I could wake it back up with the remote! yay! haha. Played around in mouse settings, could not get it to detect the trackpad at all. :-\

Any idea of how to make this remote wake a sleeping windows PC? For reference, Windows 8 is my main HTPC Desktop, hooked to my TV. Windows 7 and OSX both were on my MacBook, which was interesting why it would wake on OSX but not on windows 7. Ive made sure all power management options were checked in device manager to wake this computer from standby.

I will be a happy camper with this remote if we can get trackpad and wake pc working, because if I can use a plugin in eventghost like Dam0 suggested, I can simply wake my HTPC from sleep, then turn on and off my TV at will using just 1 remote! ^_^ sweet!

Also, in case anyone is curious, after some digging I figured out how to force pairing mode with the NSG-MR7U (will more than likely work with NSG-MR5U as well) to enable or force pair mode:

Hold Fn + the center button between the navigation arrows on the remote side. you will notice the green light flashing in a slightly different pattern than while pressing the buttons. Big Grin hope that helps anyone.

It certainly helped me because I couldn't figure out why OS X and windows 7 were seeing and pairing with my remote, but windows 8 no longer would pair after initially working. Putting the remote into pair mode makes it seen every time now. Smile

Lastly, in Eventghost under the Generic HID plugin, one of the devices for the remote (theyre all the same, you will have to try them all to check) actually DOES see when the trackpad is being used, as the log goes crazy and fills up with commands, so Windows definitely sees it. I guess it just needs a proper driver for it :-\

EDIT: got microphone working in Windows 8, simple oversight I guess. whoops

EDIT 2: tested every single button on the remote in eventghost, everything except the upper right power button gets detected as a separate input in eventghost, which is awesome news! kinda sad about that last button though, but not a big deal. In case anyone doesn't already know, the trackpad only has one clickable button. Was hoping there would be two for a sorta left/right click, but that's not a big deal either. Tongue
Found this link here, in which someone is adding support in Linux (might be what someone in the thread earlier was referring too in getting it to work in Linux). Perhaps someone that knows what the heck they're doing can add trackpad support to windows with this?

http://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-input/msg26324.html

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
NSG-MR5U remote0