Using XBMC as shell
Hello. I am going for an "appliance" like feel and I have windows 7 booting directly into XBMC as a shell. This works great, except for one thing: I am using RCB and I have xpadder mapping alt-f4 to a key on my controller so I can exit emulators, but when launching XBMC as a shell, windows does not seem to load xpadder at all.

So the question is how can I make sure xpadder launches on boot using just xbmc. Is there a built in way I can add xpadder to start when xbmc starts? I have thought about just doing a batch file, but that means a cmd prompt will show up on boot, ruining the "appliance" feel.

Thanks
Try my XBMCLauncher. Add whatever application you want to start with xbmc.
Why make it so hard? If you dont need windows for anythnng other than running XBMC, then you dont need windows. Check out openelec.
Thanks ill try xbmclauncher.

I have used linux variants for the past 4 years but decided I wanted netflix. Until its on linux, windows it is.
I found another, easy way to do it. I made a scheduled task that launched xpadder when I logged on. This works regardless of which shell you are using. Had an annoying issue of it stealing focus when it ran but just added a slight delay to xbmc and it works like a champ.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Using XBMC as shell0