• 13(current)
[Release] Language Preference Manager
@django.Durano
would love to see this happen
I have really enjoyed this app, it has really helped with anime. Is there a way to use conditional subtitles to turn on an english sub track when a Japanese audio track is present on the file, but not currently in use? There are a lot of times I'm watching with English audio but still want the signs and songs subs turned on. Maybe I'm missing a step with custom preferences but I can't figure out a way to do that.
Sad 
This add-on no longer appears to function in the newest version of Kodi. It also appears that a similar functionality has not yet been implemented as a built-in feature.

Sad
Guys, I've fixed the addon so that it works on Kodi 18 Smile
Just edit default.py, and change line 67 by 
:
def onAVStarted(self):
And here is a workaround to prevent "Forced" subtitles from being selected. Replace line 233 by that :
Code:
                            if (((code == sub['language']) or (name == sub['language'])) and (sub['name'] != 'Forced')):

I'll try to make it an option.
I've added full forced subs support and it seems to work. I just need to test it agains genres/tags conditions and I'll be able to post an update on github
This is it : version 0.0.8 available on github

Changelog :
- Fixed compatibility for Leia
- Added support for forced subtitles

Now you can :
  • in Subtitles Preferences, for each 3 subtitles, check if Forced type is wanted or not
  • in Subtitles Preferences, use a custom pref string to identify forced status (use slash separator), ex : fre/false>eng/false
  • in Conditional Subtitle Preferences, for each 3 audio/sub couples, check if Forced type is wanted or not
  • (the most interesting IMO) in Conditional Subtitle Preferences, use a custom pref string to identify forced status, ex : eng:fre/false>eng:eng/false>fre:fre/true>fre:non/false
Combined to audio custom pref familial,children,anytagusedforkids#fre>eng|eng>ger>chi>kor>rus>spa>fre, this is the perfect setup for french speaking original version lovers with kids who speak only french  Big Grin
Great news, but actually Leia indeed has “Settings - Player - Language” preferences with more detailed audio/subtitles settings than Krypton.
However, it enables subtitles like every time, which sucks..

Sorry, but can’t get v0.0.8 work right on Leia. Please tell what do I need to set for:
- Russian audio primary
- when I switch to Russian -> subtitle None
- when I switch to English -> subtitle English

UPD: I digged into the debug log:
The add-on works as I need, but doesn’t fire, when audio is switched on the fly - only at playback start.. Sad
And I do switch language during playback on the mood. A callback is welcome.
The essence of this addon is not having to manually switch audio Smile

But I’ll take a look
@djoole 

Is there any limitation in Forced Type?

It doesn't work for me if i choose a full subitle track as forced type.
(2019-03-25, 18:05)Django.Durano Wrote: @djoole 

Is there any limitation in Forced Type?

It doesn't work for me if i choose a full subitle track as forced type.

What do you mean by "full subtitles as forced type"?
If you want to specify a forced subtitle you need to use the True boolean, otherwise the False boolean.
Ex1 : fre:fre/true means you associate french audio tracks with french forced subtitles
Ex2 : eng:fre/false means you associate english audio tracks with french full subtitles
(2019-03-25, 07:38)i3laze Wrote: The add-on works as I need, but doesn’t fire, when audio is switched on the fly - only at playback start.. Sad
And I do switch language during playback on the mood. A callback is welcome.

Can you try and edit default.py, change line 67, replace 
Code:
def onAVStarted(self):
by 
Code:
def onAVChange(self):
(2019-03-25, 23:26)djoole Wrote: What do you mean by "full subtitles as forced type"?
If you want to specify a forced subtitle you need to use the True boolean, otherwise the False boolean.
Ex1 : fre:fre/true means you associate french audio tracks with french forced subtitles
Ex2 : eng:fre/false means you associate english audio tracks with french full subtitles 

There are subtitles, e.g. Translate signs, foreign language, etc. These are normal forced subtitles. Then there are the subtitles that translate the whole movie.
The choice of which subtitle type is present is yes via e.g. about MKVmerge in which one sets the tags there by default or forced.
If I now have a Forced subtitle with Standard and Forced Tag and these plays, it works. But if I set a normal subtitle as default and forced it will not work, it will not play at all.
The normal subtitles are usually larger than the forced ones, so I wanted to know if there is a limit to what is selected.
Are the subtitles selected after the name or are they looked after the tags Default and Forced?
(2019-03-26, 10:01)Django.Durano Wrote:
(2019-03-25, 23:26)djoole Wrote: What do you mean by "full subtitles as forced type"?
Are the subtitles selected after the name or are they looked after the tags Default and Forced? 

It the Json Player.GetProperties which is called, and currentsubtitle property which is retrieved and analysed. If I find the string forced in the currentsubtitle['name'], then I assume it's a forced subtitle.
So if your subtitles is something else than forced (ex : HI) it will be taken as a full subtitle.
(2019-03-26, 22:19)djoole Wrote: It the Json Player.GetProperties which is called, and currentsubtitle property which is retrieved and analysed. If I find the string forced in the currentsubtitle['name'], then I assume it's a forced subtitle.
So if your subtitles is something else than forced (ex : HI) it will be taken as a full subtitle. 

Ok thanks for the explanation. I will try it.

Is there any chance to get an option in the configuration where we can choose the name of the string? Instead of forced maybe full or something else.
  • 13(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Release] Language Preference Manager2