Win Intel HD4000: After refreshrate change, HD audio passthrough stops working
Hi everybody.

Since this is my first posting here, let me state that I just recently switched over to XBMC and I'm really really impressed by this software. After spending a couple of hours on it, I got almost everything working, even though I have some unusual file formats and high expectations.

One problem remaining however is the HD sound. I followed the FAQ to the letter and after a while I was actually able to get my m4v files to play the DTS-HD as passthrough to my AV-Receiver over the HDMI connection using the latest Intel HD4000 driver.

But playing around with that a bit, I realized that the HD-sound playback would fail, if the option to change the refresh rate is activated and XBMC actually has to change the refresh rate. This change seems to disable the HD passthrough capability of the HDMI connection - after XBMC has changed the refresh rate, the HD formats are no longer listed in the HDMI sound adapter "supported formats" list.

I have to reboot to reenable the HD-passthrough support.

If I disable the refresh rate adaptation, everything works fine. But that's not really a viable solution.

Has anybody else every ever had this experience? Is there a workaround?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel HD4000: After refreshrate change, HD audio passthrough stops working0