Video / Audio Stutter After long period?
I've got a bit of a weird problem I've not encountered before I'll list my system set up first and then go into the problem.

Set Up: HPN40L with 8GB RAM and an ATi 5450. Clean Windows 7 Install with latest updates and drivers and Frodo RC3. Audio goes out via HDMI to Receiver. Audio is set up via WASAPI on both methods with all check boxes marked that the receiver is capable of all formats (which it is for Dolby, DTS and the HD formats). I also have a Pavillion HDX USB remote attached using xbmccustomregis no problems. The problem has not occured on other hardware with the same XBMC build or different versions I am assuming it might be a hardware / power problem but it's hard to trouble shoot.

Problem: After approximately 30 minutes the video and audio starts the stutter quite quickly (like the movie is playing about 5fps or something) my gf calls it dubstep mode. I can immediately pause and unpause the video and it's fine again, it takes about 5-10 seconds to pause but will immediately unpause it's like the video is trying to catch up or something? I've only noticed it with surround sound audio (AAC / DTS etc) however this could be a coincidence purely because the stuff I have that is > 30 minutes long just happens to be in that format.

Things I've tried: WASAPI and DirectSound out via HDMI with no change. Set up speakers correctly in Win7 to 5.1 and tested accordingly. That's pretty much it as I don't know what else to try and it's hard to trouble shoot because I have to watch quite a bit of media to make it happen. Any ideas what to try, I figure I could turn off all my pass through settings and see if it still does it. I'm thinking maybe a power saving feature is causing it to not do something properly after the 30 minute mark as this is about the time it would take for windows to cap the power to a piece of hardware. I'm running the normal mode with the hard drives set to only power down after about 400 minutes incase for some reason they were spinning down and causing lag.

Any ideas?
Please provide a debug log...
-= Team Kodi developer fueled by heavy metal =-
I'll try as I said it can be hard to replicate I can confirm I watched media that was about 2 hours with mp3 audio and there was no stutter at all.

Also can let you know that when audio does start to cut out etc the PCM light flicks on and off on my amp. Will attempt to post a debug.log tomorrow if I have an hour to let it run.
Can't seem to replicate this with the same videos as when I posted this problem. Wasted 2 hours and no luck I'll try again over the weekend and post a log if the issue crops back up.... Sad
I'll post this up here in case it helps others or is a bug or something else but I had problems with stuttering today as well after doing a reboot. I currently have XBMC set to launch on boot via the startup folder. As usual 30 mins in horrible audio and video stutter. Closed XBMC to debug log restarted the software and it works a treat. I'm thinking maybe my sound device doesn't load before XBMC starts or something funky. I'll test more over the weekend but it seems I might just have to manually open the software when I restart the PC (which is pretty rare). With the green button on my remote starting the software it's not too big a deal but I think that's the cause.
I have exactly the same problem since I updated to Eden. I tried to close and reopen xbmc, but the problem persists.
It seems the same problem that happens in mac Osx, as shown on this page:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=148243

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video / Audio Stutter After long period?0