Airplay, No Mirroring
I currently am able to use xbmc on my ATV3 by using airplay mirroring on my jailbroken iPhone. However, mirroring is not the best for video, as it stutters and lags quite often. Prominent iPhone apps such as YouTube, WatchESPN, and Plex have the ability to airplay stream, without mirroring. The apps that have this have an airplay icon that comes up on the dock of buttons during playback (next to play, forward, backward). This works infinitely better than mirroring for airplaying video to the Apple TV. I believe this is because the Internet stream actually caches on the ATV. Is there any way we can incorporate this feature into video playback on XBMC for iOS?
i possible - this is only doable when using the limited ios videoplayer components - xbmc uses its own full blown player which can't hook into the ios routines for making airplay available. Get an hdmi cable and plug your device to the tv - if you ask me...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Airplay, No Mirroring0