VS2012 will be supporting Git!
Just saw this news: http://blogs.msdn.com/b/bharry/archive/2...it-vs.aspx

Until now our Windows build only supports VS2010, but this is IMO an interesting driver to go to VS2012.
Uhm what's the big deal? There is at least one Visual Studio Addin that adds git support to VS2005, VS2008 and VS2010 but tbh I never trust those versioning controls integrated into IDEs because I had some bad experience with it in the past (granted that was SVN). I prefer using Git Bash from msysgit on my windows dev machine because there I can do exactly what I want.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
me neither. to easy to screw up.
i prefer SmartGIT.

one upside might be that it perhaps won't crash anymore on changing branches
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2013-01-31, 13:02)Martijn Wrote: one upside might be that it perhaps won't crash anymore on changing branches

Yeah but probably only if you use the internal git client Wink
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Thanks - I think I agree with both your comments. I was also thinking about the need to exit VS when changing branches... (and as it turns out I'm a quite happy SmartGit user too).

The only advantage would be the better integration - see which files are modified / staged / etc. right into the IDE, as well as getting history on a given file.
As an xbmc dev, I find it sometimes unclear where a source from the VS solution maps to the actual filesystem (easy when modified because it shows up in SmartGit, but not so easy when unmodified...)

Not needed and no reason to switch therefore. The file structure in the solution should map to the filesystem tree. If not feel free to change it.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
VS2012 will be supporting Git!0