Switching profile changes display "setting"
Hey

I use XBMC Frodo on a Windows 7 PC... I have a pc screen and a TV attached to my pc, as you could guess the TV is the default display.

When I switch between profiles XBMC changes to windowed mode although in the settings the option Full Screen# 2 is still selected.

This is quite annoying Undecided I have to go to the settings and go to all the options to come back to Full Screen # 2 so XBMC switches again to Full Screen # 2.

This is quite annoying, anyone got a solution for this?

thanks in advance and apologies if there's already a topic with this problem.

Greets

PS: I had this problem in Eden too...
Welcome to the XBMC forums.

What exactly do you mean by "switch between profiles"? Are you talking about switching XBMC user profiles or switching from one display to the other or something else? Please provide as much detail as possible in terms of what you do to "switch profiles". Thanks.
Thank you for the warm welcome artrafael!

Yes I do mean switching between XBMC user profiles.

I have the feeling that the problem isn't really consistent... e.g. I start up my xbmc switch from my xbmc "tv" user profile to my xbmc "music" user profile I experience the problem, then I adjust the settings so the displaying is correct, if I switch again then I do not experience the problem again. BUT if I exit xbmc and start xbmc again, the problem is back.

Hopefully I'm a bit more understandable now.
Not sure if it'll help in your situation, but you could try creating an advancedsettings.xml (wiki) file in your userdata (wiki) directory with the following contents:
Code:
<advancedsettings>
  <fullscreen>true</fullscreen>
</advancedsettings>
If you already have an advancedsettings.xml file, then simply add the <fullscreen> statement shown above to it. This forces XBMC to always launch in fullscreen mode.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Switching profile changes display "setting"0