Remotes directional buttons not working
I have a Moneuel Moncaso 312 and I'm using the remote that came with the case via M.Play MX. I know the software works fine as I've been using this HTPC with WMC for quite a while before I decided to migrate to XBMC. The remote is working fine and everything on it works except for the directional buttons.

I have the buttons mapped to the directional keys, and they work perfectly everywhere else except XBMC. If I use an actual keyboard, the directional keys work as expected. I can also confirm that XBMC recognizes that the buttons are keystrokes because my mouse disappears when I press them, but the menu still does not move.

I have tried messing around with the input setting inside XBMC but nothing has worked, so I'm all out of ideas.

Is it possible M.Play MX is sending a keystroke that is not understood by XBMC, yet understood by many other applications?
bump.

If there is no fix and/or no method to discover what's wrong, is there a way around this problem? Like maybe reconfiguring XBMC to use different keys (like maybe WASD) to navigate?
bump.
well it's a issue with M.Play MX,
and the IR control unit.
it isn't a real RC6 unit.
was thinking of replacing my display and IR unit with a RC6 unit but couldn't find one,
so i bought a MCE usb remote reciever and use my logitech to control the unit.

i contacted Moneuel a while ago and they said plain we only support WMC.
LibreElec Kodi | Aeon MQ ?
Just resolved this. For anyone who stumbles on this thread with the same problem as me, simply edit keyboard.xml and replace the <up>, <down>, <left>, & <right> buttons with <numpadeight>, <numpadtwo>, <numpadfour> & <numpadsix> buttons respectively. Also remove all of the numpad's previous uses to avoid conflicts. You shouldn't need them as you can use the actual number keys for numerical inputs.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Remotes directional buttons not working0