Advanced SRT subtitle support (italic, bold, underlined, etc. .SRT subtitles)?
After a whole day of searching, the above-mentioned font style seems to be this one, InterFace Std Thin

http://www.daltonmaag.com/browse/fonts/d...e/standard

but it is not free, even if one buys it, there is a license problem.
It seems we have to do it ourselves, alter the XBMC font style the way it does.

Besides, in XBMC, I find out that there is a font a bit similar to this InterFace Std Thin font, it's arial-iso-8859-7 (size 28) in the font folder, but the problems with this font is they cannot display European characters correctly, such as é, ç, ä, ñ, etc.... and what's more, it seems there is no black border with this arial-iso-8859-7 font, unlike the font style shown in the picture with DVD subtitles, which has thin black border around the words.
that font isn't a ttf font either, so it's a nogo.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Rainbow 
I prefered the original xbox one. A bit of customisation over the fonts would be cool. Status quoe still rocks though.
jmarshall Wrote:See the linuxport branch - it supports this, so what they have there needs merging back (basically the new font system supports italics/bold etc. so it's a search and replace to the new formatting system).

any news there ?

looks like on 9.11 subtitle in .srt still show {y:i} as text

any hacks to at least supress or filter it ?
The italics doesn't look right.

If you use a font like Calibri, it consists of several files. One for each style italic, bold etc.

I have copied all these to XBMC\media\fonts. But when XBMC renders subtitles in italic (lines with <i>), it seems that it just forces Windows to generate an italic version of the main typeface. This looks very bad, as the font is just skewed.

Using the right version of the font looks way better.
XBMC ignores any <i> or {y:i} in .srt files.
Where I should change options to display it correctly ?
or do I need to use some other format for my subtitle files?

help is appreciated
1. pic below shows the SRT subtitles displayed by XBMC (ignore italic):

2. pic below shows the SRT subtitles displayed by bestplayer:
No one uses SRT subtitles ?
I think {y:i} is not valid for .srt, but <b><i> tags works fine on my live platform.
ezechiel1917 Wrote:I think {y:i} is not valid for .srt, but <b><i> tags works fine on my live platform.

thanks, you're right

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Advanced SRT subtitle support (italic, bold, underlined, etc. .SRT subtitles)?0