[Feature Request] Display .nfo information and all artwork in file mode.
Been trying to organise my WWE collection recently and have been viewing/browsing my PPV collection in file mode. I noticed that the information contained in the .nfo is not displayed even when it is present. As you know sports and such are not allowed on the tvdb which can limit how you add it to XBMC, creating faux shows is a way around it but in Frodo a portion of the artwork won't be displayed because it is solely reliant on each show having a corresponding entry. Thought it might be an idea to enhance file mode so that any local .nfos and artwork will be displayed which would allow users to add custom movies, sports etc. if they wish and have it displayed to the standard of the rest of their media.
Scan it into the library and XBMC will read the nfo file instead of going to the scraper site.
(2013-02-09, 06:40)Ned Scott Wrote: Scan it into the library and XBMC will read the nfo file instead of going to the scraper site.

Maybe I haven't expressed myself properly, we've been talking about ths here (last few posts):

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1329260

I don't think it's possible in XBMC yet, seeing as when we posed the question over in the Nox forum they suggested a we make a feature request to solve our problem because it's a core feature which would need to be changed.
There's no file/library mode anymore. This improvement already happened between XBMC v10 and v11. If you want metadata in the file view then the metadata needs to be scanned into the library, even if you are not going to use the library view. You have the nfo files already, so XBMC just needs to scan it in. That was the whole point of merging the file/library modes in XBMC v11.
(2013-02-11, 15:01)Ned Scott Wrote: That was the whole point of merging the file/library modes in XBMC v11.

Probably one of the more misunderstood and under-appreciated feature changes in XBMC (just a general observation and not directed at anyone here).
I wasn't aware that they were more or less the same now Confused I think it's the unconventional folder structure which is the stumbling block. Each episode is inside its own folder inside the season folder to allow each PPV to have its own poster, fanart and theme. I'm guessing this is what is preventing the info from being displayed? It all works via the info key (i) but not when using episode view etc. and not using the infopanel. Should point out that I'm using Nox 4.0 but I think it's safe to say this will be the case for all skins.

Is this something that could be altered via the skin, or something that would need to be altered in Xbmc core? The skinners seem to think core is where the change would need to be made.

Incidentally, are there any changes planned for the media types in the near future? By that I mean more than just tv, movies, music. Maybe a custom media type for sports etc.
Folders are recognised as episodes if:

1. The episodes are detected inside the folder. AND
2. The episode folder matches the same regexp as the episode did.

Obviously if you scanned before the feature was added (after Eden I think?) it won't have been scanned as such.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Feature Request] Display .nfo information and all artwork in file mode.0