Win audio Issues
Hey all.

I have the latest version on XBMC installed (after upgrading from the last RC) and I m having an audio issue (which also happened with the last RC as well). Any time the audio settings are set to anything other than "Speaker Configuration: 2", all movies / TV shows skip badly and no audio is played. My setup is as follows

Dell XPS 17 Laptop HTPC
LG LCD (52")
Yamaha Receiver

HTPC > Receiver via HDMI
Receiver > TV via HDMI
Audio from TV > Reliever via Optical Cable (my receiver doesn't split the audio - it passes it directly to the TV so I require a pass back).

If I change the Speaker Configuration to 5.1 in XBMC's audio settings, the video skips, no audio. If I enable AC3, DTS, ACC or any other audio option, the videos skip. So basically I'm stuck with stereo audio output even though my receiver is capable of all of the above audio settings.

Any ideas on what may be causing this?
You should configure it as shown below, and here are some more tips- Simplify XBMC configurations......

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
(2013-02-10, 02:44)sapper6fd Wrote: Hey all.

I have the latest version on XBMC installed (after upgrading from the last RC) and I m having an audio issue (which also happened with the last RC as well). Any time the audio settings are set to anything other than "Speaker Configuration: 2", all movies / TV shows skip badly and no audio is played. My setup is as follows

Dell XPS 17 Laptop HTPC
LG LCD (52")
Yamaha Receiver

HTPC > Receiver via HDMI
Receiver > TV via HDMI
Audio from TV > Reliever via Optical Cable (my receiver doesn't split the audio - it passes it directly to the TV so I require a pass back).

If I change the Speaker Configuration to 5.1 in XBMC's audio settings, the video skips, no audio. If I enable AC3, DTS, ACC or any other audio option, the videos skip. So basically I'm stuck with stereo audio output even though my receiver is capable of all of the above audio settings.

Any ideas on what may be causing this?
Sounds like the driver for the GPU providing the HDMI out is only detecting the HDMI link as 2 channel only.

You'll first of all need to check what your Windows settings are saying, in particular the Supported Formats tab in your HDMI Sound properties, see http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=146911

If it is reported at Windows level as 2 channels with no encoded formats supported then you'll have to look into the cause which could either be an EDID problem or settings on your AVR, again more information on that in the linked thread.
Excellent. I tried the suggestions in the first reply and read the attached thread - it was a no go. I'll check these when I get home from work.

Cheers,

Sappe6d

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
audio Issues0