Bug XBMC FRODO HD decoding problems (Break-dance & frame drops)
Exclamation 
Hallo everybody,

first of all, thank you for the hard work making xbmc awesome!

Well I have upgraded / fresh installed several PC's running xbmc on Windows 7 and there is one big issue with playback
of recorded HD content (satellite TS 1080i), that was working flawless before in EDEN.

I use to cut out the Ads out of the stream on I-Frame transitions and store the resulting TS.

This transitions were on Eden almost invisible or just small hick-ups for a few frames and always less than a second.
Playing te same sequence on FRODO the decoding of the Video stops and stutters for 10 to 15 seconds before
the video continues to play back normally, while audio works flawless.

BTW. Same issue when starting a TS stream, while Eden starts immediately, Frodo's video takes some seconds (5-10) to
sync Video while audio is playing right.

Also the playback looks not that smooth and clear as in Eden. I have tried different settings for de-interlacing,
also turned it completely off. Still Eden's play back is ways better than Frodo's.

There seem to be major changes in video decoding inside XBMC, since the underlying hardware and the video drivers
are the same (DXVA enabled).

I found hints to ajust audio settings. Well I use pass-thru direct audio to SPDIF realtek optical. I also tried different settings there
with no success in regard of video playback improvement.

Please check the issues. Maybe there is a way to chose between "old playback engine" vs. "new engine" via settings
to circumvent this issues while keeping the nice new features of PVR and Live-TV.

Thank you very much!
Sad 
Hi there,

Is there any progress regarding the HD decoding issue? I mean, software must improve not degrade in performance when updated...
Any hints how to get the same good results as known in EDEN in the new FRODO thing appreciated.
I have a similar issue. When we are watching a HD video, if we encounter hick-ups for a few frames the video just completely stops and XBMC returns to the menu.

I have to restart the video just after the hick-up and it will continue to play.

Very annoying!
I have the same issue. This is really intermittent; however I typically get this on dts-ma. When I got the HD audio working this drop occur less frequently but these frames drop still occurs.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC FRODO HD decoding problems (Break-dance & frame drops)0